June 19, 2017
THE FLATS – With the summer baseball leagues in full swing across the country, the Yellow Jackets continue to fine tune their skills across seven leagues nationwide.
Here is a complete list of where the Jackets are playing this summer:
Alaska Baseball League
- Micah Carpenter, Anchorage Bucs – Has pitched in three games out of the bullpen, recording one win and one save. He is 1-0 with one save, a 0.00 ERA and eight strikeouts over 7.2 innings of relief work.
- Robert Winborne, Anchorage Bucs – Has appeared in six games, recording a win and a save out of the bullpen. He is 1-0 on the summer with a one save, a 2.70 ERA and seven strikeouts over 6.2 innings on the mound.
Cape Cod Baseball League
- Joey Bart, Harwich Mariners – Has played in four games for the Mariners and is hitting .143 (2-for-14) with two doubles, a walk and an RBI. He has also been hit by a pitch twice.
- Keyton Gibson, Cotuit Kettleers (temporary contract) – No recorded stats.
- Carter Hall, Harwich Mariners – Has not reported to the team yet due to injury.
- Brandt Stallings, Hyannis Harbor Hawks – Has played in four games for the Hawks. He is 0-for-7 with a walk and a run scored at the plate.
Coastal Plain League
- Jake Lee, Holly Springs Salamanders – Has made two starts on the summer. He is 0-1 with an 8.44 ERA and seven strikeouts in 5.1 innings of action.
- Garrett Gooden, Lexington County Blowfish – Has pitched in one game out of the bullpen. He has a 0.00 ERA and two strikeouts over 2.0 innings of relief work.
- Connor Thomas, Lexington County Blowfish – Has made three starts on the mound. The lefty is 0-2 with a 5.79 ERA. He has struckout 16 batters in 14.0 innings of work.
- Austin Wilhite, Lexington County Blowfish – Has not reported to the team.
Florida Collegiate Summer League
- Paxton Rigby, Altamonte Springs Scorpions – Has played in seven games. He is hitting .091 (1-for-11) with four walks, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Andy Archer, Green Bay Bullfrogs – Has appeared in three games this summer, making two starts on the mound for the Bullfrogs. He is 0-1 with a 1.86 ERA and has struck out six in 9.2 innings of work.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jonathan Hughes, Brookhaven Bucks – Has made two starts on the mound for the Bucks. He is 1-1 with a 5.62 ERA and has registered five strikeouts in 8.0 innings of action.
- Xzavion Curry, Brookhaven Bucks – Leads the team in hitting at .400 (8-for-20) over the first six games. He has one double, two walks, one RBI and one run scored on the summer. Has not pitched for the Bucks.
- Kyle McCann, Harrisonburg Turks – Has played in 13 games for the Turks. He is hitting .162 (6-for-37) with a team-high two home runs and seven RBIs. He has also recorded a triple, a sacrifice fly, seven RBIs and six runs scored.
- Brenton Sanders, Harrisonburg Turks – Has played in 11 games for the Turks. He is hitting .200 (6-for-30) with two doubles, four walks and a sacrifice bunt. He has two RBIs and has scored two runs on the summer.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jake Brace, Brookhaven Bucks – He has made three starts on the summer. He leads the team with 19.0 innings pitched. He is 1-2 with a 2.36 ERA and has struck out 14 batters.
- Crews Taylor, Gwinnett Tides – Has played in seven games, going 1-for-18 (.056) with six walks at the plate. Has one RBI and one run scored, as well as a stolen base.
- Cameron Turley, Brookhaven Bucks – Has played in five games, going 1-for-14 (.071) with one run scored at the plate offensively.