July 3, 2017
THE FLATS – With a month into the summer baseball schedule, a number of Jackets are playing well for their respective teams, while others will look to close out the last month or so on a high note before returning to The Flats in August.
Here is a complete list of where the Jackets are playing this summer:
Alaska Baseball League
- Micah Carpenter, Anchorage Bucs – Has pitched in six games, making two starts. He is 1-0 with one save, a 2.41 ERA and 15 strikeouts over 18.2 innings pitched. The Bucs are 4-2 in games that he has pitched in on the summer.
- Robert Winborne, Anchorage Bucs – Has appeared in 12 games out of the bullpen, recording a win and a save. He is 1-0 on the summer with a one save, a 1.42 ERA and 14 strikeouts over 12.2 innings on the mound.
Cape Cod Baseball League
- Joey Bart, Harwich Mariners – Stepped away from the Mariners to play with the USA Baseball team as part of their training camp roster with a chance to earn a spot on their Collegiate National Team. For the Mariners, he has played in five games and is hitting .158 (3-for-19) with two doubles, a walk, an RBI and run scored. He has also been hit by a pitch twice. He is set to return to the cape this week.
Coastal Plain League
- Jake Lee, Holly Springs Salamanders – Has made four starts on the summer and pitched a complete game win last time out. He is 2-1 with a 5.89 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 18.1 innings of action.
- Garrett Gooden, Lexington County Blowfish – Has pitched in three games out of the bullpen. He has a 2.45 ERA and three strikeouts over 3.2 innings of relief work.
- Connor Thomas, Lexington County Blowfish – Has made four starts on the mound. The lefty is 0-2 with a 6.63 ERA. He has struckout 24 batters in 19.0 innings of work.
- Austin Wilhite, Lexington County Blowfish – Has not played yet.
Florida Collegiate Summer League
- Paxton Rigby, Altamonte Springs Scorpions – Has played in 18 games. He is hitting .111 (4-for-36) with 13 walks, five RBIs, and three runs scored.
- Andy Archer, Green Bay Bullfrogs – Has appeared in four games this summer, making three starts on the mound for the Bullfrogs. He is 0-1 with a 3.60 ERA and has struck out 11 batters in 15.0 innings of work.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jonathan Hughes, Brookhaven Bucks – Has made three starts on the mound for the Bucks. He is 1-2 with a 9.90 ERA and has registered six strikeouts in 10.0 innings of action.
- Xzavion Curry, Brookhaven Bucks – Leads the team in hitting at .382 (13-for-34) in 10 games. He has a home run, one double, five walks, three RBIs and six runs scored on the summer. Has not pitched for the Bucks. Was named to the Sunbelt Baseball League East All-Star team.
- Kyle McCann, Harrisonburg Turks – Has played in 16 games for the Turks. He is hitting .146 (7-for-48) with a team-high two home runs and seven RBIs. He has also recorded a triple, a sacrifice fly and seven runs scored.
- Brenton Sanders, Purcellville Cannons – After 11 games with Harrisonburg Turks, he moved to the Purcellville Cannons. He is hitting .318 with a double, a walk, a sacrifice flys, five RBIs and three runs scored over six games with the Cannons.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jake Brace, Brookhaven Bucks – He has made four starts on the summer. He leads the team with 25.0 innings pitched. He is 2-2 with a 1.80 ERA and has struck out 20 batters. Was named to the Sunbelt Baseball League East All-Star team.
- Crews Taylor, Gwinnett Tides – Has played in 10 games, going 5-for-26 (.192) with three doubles and eight walks at the plate. Has one two RBIs and two runs scored, as well as two stolen bases.
- Cameron Turley, Brookhaven Bucks – Has played in seven games, going 2-for-21 (.095) with one run scored at the plate offensively.