June 26, 2017
THE FLATS – A number of arms continue to have strong summers, while rising junior Joey Bart stepped away from the Harwich Mariners of the Cape Cod League to play for the USA Baseball 2017 College National Team Training Camp roster against a number of summer league all-star teams.
Here is a complete list of where the Jackets are playing this summer:
Alaska Baseball League
- Micah Carpenter, Anchorage Bucs – Has pitched in five games, making one start. He is 1-0 with one save, a 2.84 ERA and 12 strikeouts over 12.2 innings pitched. The Bucs are 4-1 in games that he has pitched in on the summer.
- Robert Winborne, Anchorage Bucs – Has appeared in nine games out of the bullpen, recording a win and a save. He is 1-0 on the summer with a one save, a 1.80 ERA and eight strikeouts over 10.0 innings on the mound.
Cape Cod Baseball League
- Joey Bart, Harwich Mariners – Stepped away from the Mariners this past week to play with the USA Baseball team as part of their training camp roster with a chance to earn a spot on their Collegiate National Team. For the Mariners, he has played in five games and is hitting .158 (3-for-19) with two doubles, a walk, an RBI and run scored. He has also been hit by a pitch twice.
- Keyton Gibson, Cotuit Kettleers – Has pitched in two games this summer, making two appearances out of the bullpen. Has a 6.23 ERA and struck out three batters over 4.1 innings pitched.
- Carter Hall, Harwich Mariners – Has not reported to the team yet due to injury.
- Brandt Stallings, Hyannis Harbor Hawks – Has played in eight games on the summer and is hitting .133 (2-for-15) at the plate. He also has an RBI and scored two runs.
Coastal Plain League
- Jake Lee, Holly Springs Salamanders – Has made three starts on the summer. He is 1-1 with an 7.15 ERA and 15 strikeouts in 11.1 innings of action.
- Garrett Gooden, Lexington County Blowfish – Has pitched in two games out of the bullpen. He has a 3.38 ERA and two strikeouts over 2.2 innings of relief work.
- Connor Thomas, Lexington County Blowfish – Has made four starts on the mound. The lefty is 0-2 with a 6.63 ERA. He has struckout 24 batters in 19.0 innings of work.
- Austin Wilhite, Lexington County Blowfish – Has not reported to the team.
Florida Collegiate Summer League
- Paxton Rigby, Altamonte Springs Scorpions – Has played in 13 games. He is hitting .143 (4-for-28) with nine walks, five RBIs, and three runs scored.
- Andy Archer, Green Bay Bullfrogs – Has appeared in four games this summer, making three starts on the mound for the Bullfrogs. He is 0-1 with a 3.60 ERA and has struck out 11 batters in 15.0 innings of work.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jonathan Hughes, Brookhaven Bucks – Has made two starts on the mound for the Bucks. He is 1-1 with a 5.62 ERA and has registered five strikeouts in 8.0 innings of action.
- Xzavion Curry, Brookhaven Bucks – Leads the team in hitting at .348 (8-for-23) over the first seven games. He has one double, three walks, one RBI and two runs scored on the summer. Has not pitched for the Bucks.
- Kyle McCann, Harrisonburg Turks – Has played in 16 games for the Turks. He is hitting .146 (7-for-48) with a team-high two home runs and seven RBIs. He has also recorded a triple, a sacrifice fly and seven runs scored.
- Brenton Sanders, Harrisonburg Turks – Has played in 11 games for the Turks. He is hitting .200 (6-for-30) with two doubles, four walks and a sacrifice bunt. He has two RBIs and has scored two runs on the summer.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jake Brace, Brookhaven Bucks – He has made three starts on the summer. He leads the team with 19.0 innings pitched. He is 1-2 with a 2.36 ERA and has struck out 14 batters.
- Crews Taylor, Gwinnett Tides – Has played in 10 games, going 5-for-26 (.192) with three doubles and eight walks at the plate. Has one two RBIs and two runs scored, as well as two stolen bases.
- Cameron Turley, Brookhaven Bucks – Has played in five games, going 1-for-14 (.071) with one run scored at the plate offensively.