June 12, 2017
THE FLATS – With a little over two weeks into the summer baseball schedule for some leagues, a number of Yellow Jackets are playing well for their respective teams, while others will kick-off their summer league schedules this week.
Here is a complete list of where the Jackets are playing this summer:
Alaska Baseball League
- Micah Carpenter , Anchorage Bucs – Has played in two games this far, recording one save. Has struck out seven hitters in five innings of work out of the bullpen.
- Robert Winborne , Anchorage Bucs – Has appeared in two games, recording a win out of the bullpen. He is 1-0 on the summer with four strikeouts in two innings of work.
Cape Cod Baseball League
- Joey Bart , Harwich Mariners – First game of the summer is June 14.
- Trevor Craport , Cotuit Kettleers (temporary contract) – First game of the summer is June 14.
- Keyton Gibson , Cotuit Kettleers (temporary contract) – First game of the summer is June 14.
- Carter Hall , Harwich Mariners – First game of the summer is June 14.
- Brandt Stallings , Hyannis Harbor Hawks – First game of the summer is June 14.
Coastal Plain League
- Jake Lee , Holly Springs Salamanders – Has made two starts on the summer – 0-1 with an 8.44 ERA. Has seven strikeouts in 5.1 innings of action.
- Garrett Gooden, Lexington County Blowfish – Has not played yet for the Blowfish.
- Connor Thomas, Lexington County Blowfish – Has made two start on the summer – 0-2 with a 3.60 ERA. Has struck out 12 in 10.0 innings of work and is holding the opponent to a .244 batting average over his two outings.
- Austin Wilhite , Lexington County Blowfish – Has not played yet for the Blowfish.
Florida Collegiate Summer League
- Paxton Rigby , Altamonte Springs Scorpions – Has played in six games on the summer. He is 0-for-8 with four walks, an RBI and a run scored at the plate.
- Andy Archer , Green Bay Bulldogs – Has appeared in two games on the summer, making one start. He is 0-0 on the mound with a 1.03 ERA. He has struck out six batters in 8.2 innings.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jonathan Hughes , Brookhaven Bucks – Has made one start on the summer – 0-1 with a 12.00 ERA. He struck out one and walked four in his only outing thus far for the Bucks.
- Xzavion Curry, Brookhaven Bucks – Leads the team in hitting at .571 over two games played. He is 4-for-7 at the plate with a walk. Has not pitched yet for the Bucks.
- Kyle McCann , Harrisonburg Turks – Has played in seven games for the Turks. He is hitting .083 (2-for-24) with a triple, a sacrifice fly, five walks and a hit by pitch. He has two RBIs and has scored three runs.
- Brenton Sanders , Harrisonburg Turks – Has played in seven games for the Turks. He is hitting .261 (6-for-23) with two doubles, four walks and a sacrifice bunt. He has two RBIs and has scored two runs on the summer.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jake Brace , Brookhaven Bucks – He has made two starts on the summer – 1-1 with an ERA of 1.38 over 13.0 innings pitched. He has struck out 11 batters and allowed only two earned runs over his two starts.
- Crews Taylor , Gwinnett Tides – Has played in four games, going 0-for-9 with six walks at the plate. Has one RBI and one run scored, as well as a stolen base.
- Cameron Turley , Brookhaven Bucks – Has played in three games, going 1-for-10 (.100) at the plate offensively.