Nov. 22, 2016
- Georgia Tech starting lineup: Moore, Okogie, Heyward, Stephens, Lammers (1st time)
- First subs for Georgia Tech: Jackson for Okogie, Ogbonda for Lammers – 16:35 first half
- On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Heyward, Jackson, Lammers, Moore, Stephens
- Opening tap won by Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech has won the opening tap in three of four games this season.
- Series record vs. Sam Houston State: Georgia Tech is 1-0 overall, 1-0 at home, 1-0 at McCamish Pavilion, 1-0 under Josh Pastner, 1-0 vs. Jason Hooten
- Current series streak: Georgia Tech won the last game
- Georgia Tech is 3-1 at McCamish Pavilion this season, 46-27 in its fifth season in the building, 3-1 under Josh Pastner
- Georgia Tech’s next game: November 26, 2016, vs. Tulane, 7:30 p.m., McCamish Pavilion
- Tech led at the half for the fourth straight game, this time by its largest margin of the season (40-20).
- Tech held the Bearkats to 29.6-percent shooting from the floor in the first half, and has held the Jackets’ opponents under 40 percent in six of eight halves this season.
- Sam Houston State entered tonight’s game averaging 87 points per game and shooting 46.9 percent from the floor.
- Tech connected on a season-high six threes in 11 attempts against Sam Houston State, getting a pair of triples each from Tadric Jackson and Quinton Stephens. The Jackets had hit only 10 in their first three games (28.6 percent).
- Tech placed five players in double figures for the first time this season. Nine Yellow Jackets played in the game, seven of them scored.
- Tech blocked eight more shots against Sam Houston State and has 41 in four games (10.3 per game), which leads the ACC and the nation.
- Tech shot 52.9 percent from the floor in the game (including 60 percent in the second half), its second 50-percent game this season. The Yellow Jackets shot 56 percent in the opener and stands at 46.9 percent for the season.
- Tech was out-rebounded 35-31, and has been out-rebounded twice in four games this season.
- Tech turned the ball a season-high 16 times, 10 in the second half. Tech had just 12 second-half turnovers in its first three games.
- Tech’s 81 points was a season high, but its 73 points allowed also was a season high.
- Tech set season highs for free throws (21) and attempts (36).
- Tech scored 40 points in the paint, and has averaged 38.5 points per game there this season.
- Ben Lammers reached double figures in scoring for the fourth time in four games with 19 points (6-8 FG, 7-9 FT), and reached double digits before the under-4 media timeout in the first half for the second straight game. He had just two double-digit games in his career (10 points twice last year) before this season.
- Tadric Jackson reached double figures for the third straight game after missing the opener, scoring 15 points in just 19 minutes off the bench. It was the 14th double-digit scoring effort of his career. Jackson hit 5-for-5 from the floor in the game (2-for-2 on threes), and is 19-of-29 from the floor (6-of-7 on threes) in three games.
- Quinton Stephens scored in double figures (10 points) for the third time in four games and posted his second career double-double with 10 rebounds. He also had four steals and two assists. He had 13 points and 10 rebounds vs. IPFW as a freshman.
- Josh Okogie returned to double digits after scoring just five against Ohio, getting 16 against Sam Houston State. He scored 18 in each of his first two games as a collegian.
- Corey Heyward started for the first time this season (19th career), and notched the first double-figure scoring game of his career.
Lammers blocked six more shots against Sam Houston State, giving him 24 in four games to maintain his average of 6.0 per game, which leads the nation and the ACC.
- Stephens also grabbed 10 rebounds to earn the second double-double of his career (13 and 10 vs. IPFW as a sophomore).
- Freshman point guard Justin Moore had six assists and has 14 in his last two games.