THE FLATS — On a three-game win streak, the Georgia Tech women’s basketball team returns to McCamish Pavilion on Sunday to welcome in-state rival Georgia at 2 p.m. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra and WREK 91.1.
GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (3-0) vs. GEORGIA LADY BULLDOGS (3-0)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Georgia Game Notes
Radio: WREK 91.1
#TGW: The Truth About Kat and Dawgs
*The first 500 Georgia Tech students will receive complimentary THWg socks
*Chalk Talk — Join assistant coach Rob Norris in the Callaway Club for this season’s first Chalk Talk at 1 p.m.
*Pregame autograph session with the Olympic gold medalist Atlanta Dream’s Angel McCoughtry in the Kids Zone
*Michael Isenhour Toy Drive — Fans are asked to donate new, unwrapped toys for the Atlanta Children’s Shelter
*Kids Zone — Located on the main concourse by section 112 features face painters, caricature artists, photo station and more
Parking will be available on Sunday in the Family Housing deck free of charge. For fans needing accessible parking, spaces will be available on Fowler Street between 6th and 8th Street.
1. Georgia Tech returns home to host in-state rival Georgia on Sunday at 2 p.m. for the 39th meeting between the schools. Fans can watch the game on ACC Network Extra or listen live on WREK 91.1/WREK.org.
2. Georgia holds an all-time advantage of 34-4 in the series, but all four of Tech’s wins in the series have come in Atlanta, three in McCamish. Georgia has taken the last five decisions against Tech with the Yellow Jackets’ last win coming on Dec. 5, 2010 in McCamish, 69-53.
3. Tech moved to 3-0 on the season with a rout of Kennesaw State on Wednesday. Five players scored in double-figures for the first time this season led by Francesca Pan and Zaire O’Neil each with 14 points. The Yellow Jackets dished out a season-high 16 assists in the 86-49 victory, having scored 80+ points for the first time in 2016-17.
4. Tech is 2-0 at home this season and 330-201 all-time at home. The Yellow Jackets have opened the season 3-0 for the eighth time in Coach Josephs’ 13 years at the helm. Tech opened last season 3-0 with Georgia snapping the winning streak.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 14th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 255-162. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD…
-Move Georgia Tech to 4-0 on the season, while handing Georgia its first loss of the season
-Snap a five-game losing streak to Georgia and mark the fifth program win against the Lady Bulldogs
-Mark the first win over Georgia since a 69-53 win on Dec. 5, 2010 in Atlanta
-Give head coach MaChelle Joseph a 4-10 record against Georgia and push the all-time series to 5-34
-Be the fifth time in Coach Joseph’s 14-year career that the Yellow Jackets have started the season 4-0
-Mark Coach Joseph’s 256th career win at Georgia Tech and give Georgia Tech its 631st all-time program win
THE LAST TIME THEY MET…
Tech and Georgia met for the 38th time in program history last season with the Bulldogs taking the decision 78-66 in Athens. The Lady Bulldogs shot 50.9 percent (29-57) from the field and won the rebounding battle 40-35. Katarina Vuckovic poured in a career-best 20 points on 7-of-17 shooting, including hitting three treys. Tech scored almost a third of its points on second chance opportunities, converting 15 offensive rebounds into 20 second chance points.