THE FLATS — The Georgia Tech women’s basketball faces a quick turnaround to host Georgia State on Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. in McCamish Pavilion.
1. Georgia Tech faces a quick turnaround to host Georgia State on Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. on Kids Day. The game will be broadcast on ACC Network Extra.
2. Tech and cross-town rival Georgia State meet for the 37th time in program history on Tuesday with the Jackets leading the all-time series 25-11. Under head coach MaChelle Joseph, Tech has taken all 10 meetings. Tech enters the contests winners of the last 14 meetings.
3. Georgia Tech has opened the 2017-18 season with four wins, marking the third straight season Tech has opened 4-0. The Jackets opened 6-0 last season.
4. Chanin Scott recorded a career night at Princeton over the weekend, notching a double-double behind 16 points and 13 rebounds, both career-highs. The double-double marked the second of her career and first of the season.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 278-177. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
-Mark the 15th-straight win over Georgia State and move the all-time series to 26-11 in favor of the Jackets
-Be the second-straight season the Jackets have opened the season 5-0
-Mark the 279th win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 654th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 654-604 overall
LAST TIME THEY MET
Cross-town rivals Georgia Tech and Georgia State met last season in McCamish Pavilion with the Jackets grabbing the decision 73-42 led by five players in double-figure scoring numbers. Imani Tilford and Chanin Scott both recorded double-doubles in the contest to lead the way for Tech, which shot 35.6 percent and won the rebounding battle, 62-33. Georgia State was limited to a 25.4 percent shooting clip with no Panthers reaching double-figures. The Jackets dished out 15 assists on 26 made field goals and hit 10 three-pointers in the game.