THE FLATS – Georgia Tech women’s basketball hosts the next edition of ‘Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate’ on the hardwood this Sunday at 2 p.m., welcoming No. 14 Georgia. The in-state rivals will meet on ACC Network Extra for #GTWhiteOut.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-1) vs. No. 14 Georgia Lady Bulldogs (2-1)
Watch Live (ACC Network Extra)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Opponent Game Notes
Parking: McCamish Lot, Fowler Street, Family Housing Deck
*Free shuttles will be available from the Family Housing Deck to McCamish Pavilion
* $1 ticket entry with presentation of Georgia Tech vs. Virginia football ticket at the ticket window
* First 500 fans receive a FREE Whiteout t-shirt and rally towel
* GT students: enter to win two scooters and five TV’s by swiping your BuzzCard at the West Entrance
* Fans are encouraged to wear white for the #GTWhiteOut
- Georgia Tech continues wraps up this three-game homestand welcoming in-state foe, Georgia, for the next edition in the rivalry series. The Jackets and Lady Bulldogs have met 40 times in program history. The game will be televised on ACC Network Extra.
- The Yellow Jackets pocketed their second win of the season in a midweek matchup against Western Carolina on Wednesday, downing the Catamounts, 84-49. Tech used a double-double from freshman Elizabeth Dixon to help pick up the victory.
- Tech’s two freshmen McDonald’s All-Americans have certainly opened their freshmen seasons with a strong start. Combined through three games, Balogun and Dixon have scored 73 points, 35 rebounds, eight assists, eight steals and eight blocks. The pair have earned starts in all three outings.
- Amongst Tech’s seven returning letterwinners is last season’s leading scorer and 2016-17 ACC Freshman of the Year, Francesca Pan. The junior led the Jackets in scoring last season, averaging 14.3 points per game, while also leading the team in three-point shooting, connecting on 79 treys. Also returning for her sophomore campaign on The Flats is Kierra Fletcher who put together an impressive freshman campaign last season. Fletcher returns as the team’s leading rebounder after pulling down 5.2 rebounds per game last season.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 16th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 296-192. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
LAST TIME THEY MET
Georgia Tech made the quick trip to Athens, Ga., last season to face the Lady Bulldogs. The Jackets fell to Georgia after shooting just 29.7 percent from the field despite an 85.7 percent effort from the free throw line. It was a battle to the final minute between the teams as the first half saw 10 lead changes and four tied scores, but Georgia used a strong third quarter, outscoring Tech 20-7, to gain control. Tech outrebounded Georgia, 41-34, including a 20-8 offensive edge. For the game, Georgia shot 47.2 percent from the field to help secure the win.
LAST TIME OUT
Elizabeth Dixon scored 13 points and pulled down 10 rebounds to record her first collegiate double-double in Tech’s win over Western Carolina. Dixon was one of three Yellow Jackets to score in double-figures as the team was led offensively by Francesca Pan with a game-high 19 points. Tech shot 39.2 percent (29-74) from the field in the win and 39.3 percent (11-28) from three-point range paced by Pan’s fou treys. The Jackets also won the battle on the glass, 48-31, led by Dixon’s 10 boards.