Feb. 22, 2018
*** SCHEDULE CHANGE ***
WE WILL PLAY TWO GAMES ON SATURDAY, FEB. 24, BEGINNING AT 1 P.M.
THE FLATS – Georgia Tech baseball opens up a seven-game homestand with a three-game series this weekend versus Dartmouth in non-conference action. The three game series will begin on Friday at 4 p.m. and will include a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 1 p.m.
Follow the Action Live
* All three games will be video streamed live over the ACC Network Extra (links located above).
* Friday and Saturday afternoon’s games will be broadcast live on WREK 91.1 FM radio and online at WREK.org.
* Live stats for each contest can be found above or on the baseball schedule page at RamblinWreck.com.
Lemonade! Get Your Lemonade!
* The first 50 fans inside Russ Chandler Stadium for each game — Friday, Saturday and Sunday — will get a free lemonade!
Parking Now Available Online
* Yellow Jacket fans can now pay for parking ahead of time by going online to Park Mobile (Click Here).
* Tech will be hosting Dartmouth in baseball for the first time since 1925. The all-time series between the Jackets and the Big Green is tied at 3-3 with Tech holding a 3-2 advantage over Dartmouth in Atlanta, Ga.
* In the Yellow Jackets’ two wins this season (vs. Minnesota and at Georgia Southern) the pitching staff has been in control, walking a total of five batters combined, an average of only 2.5 base on balls allowed per contest.
* Sophomore outfielder Nick Wilhite made SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays on Tuesday night (Feb. 20), as he came in at No. 3 with his leaping catch up against the wall in the fifth inning versus Georgia Southern. ( VIDEO)
* Four games into the season and the Jackets’ Wade Bailey continues to reach base for Tech at the top of the order. Counting all four games this season, the senior has reached base safely in 31 straight games dating back to last season.
* Consensus preseason all-American Joey Bart leads the team with three home runs this season. His three home runs has coming in just 16 at bats over the first four games of the season, an average of one home run per 5.3 at bats.
* Georgia Tech has scored a total of seven runs in each of its last three contests. Tech, who pushed across just three runs in the season-opening 3-2 win over Minnesota, tallied seven runs apiece in the losses to both Bradley (10-7) and UConn (9-7), and then posted seven more runs in the 7-1 win at Georgia Southern on Tuesday night.
* Georgia Tech’s pitchers have struck out eight batters in both wins this season. Xzavion Curry (3) and Connor Thomas (5) combined to punch out eight hitters in the 3-2 win over Minnesota on Opening Day, while Thomas (6) and Keyton Gibson (2) registered eight K’s total in Tuesday night’s 7-1 win at Georgia Southern.
* Nine of Tech’s first 10 games of the 2018 season are at home at Russ Chandler Stadium. The lone road contest was last Tuesday night at Georgia Southern in Statesboro, Ga.
* Georgia Tech has won 10 out of its last 11 non-conference three-game (or shortened) weekend series against the same opponent entering this weekend versus Dartmouth. Last season, Tech split a rain-shortened series at UIC 1-1. The last non-conference three-game weekend series that GT lost was back in 2013 when the Jackets lost two of three to Coastal Carolina (Mar. 3-5).
* The Yellow Jackets are set to host its first home midweek game of the season on Tuesday, Feb. 27, versus Arkansas-Pine Bluff. First pitch will be at 4 p.m.