THE FLATS – Georgia Tech women’s basketball concludes this two-game road swing visiting No. 5 Notre Dame for a Sunday matinee at noon on RSN, locally Fox Sports South.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (13-8, 3-5 ACC) at No. 5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (20-2, 7-1 ACC)
Watch Live (RSN; locally Fox Sports South)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Opponent Game Notes
STARTING FIVE AGAINST NOTRE DAME
- Georgia Tech concludes the home-and-home series with Notre Dame on Sunday in South Bench. Tip is slated for noon on RSN with Jenn Hildreth and Chelsea Shine Wilson on the call. Notre Dame leads the all-time series 11-0.
- The Yellow Jackets are coming off a tough midweek loss at North Carolina on Thursday, 91-90. The Jackets trailed by 14 points in the second half and made a strong comeback to tie the game with less than a minute to play. The game was sealed at the free throw line.
- Georgia Tech and Notre Dame are meeting for the 12th time on the hardwood on Sunday with the Fighting Irish taking all 11 previous meetings. Notre Dame visited Atlanta in early January in the first match-up, securing the win, 76-55. Three Yellow Jackets scored in double-figures led by Elizabeth Balogun with 14 points.
- Freshman Elizabeth Balogun continues to show her dominance in the ACC with a repeat 30-plus point performance at North Carolina. The freshman posted a new personal-high with 35 points to lead all scorers.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 16th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 307-199. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
Georgia Tech and Notre Dame have met on the hardwood 11 times in program history with Notre Dame leading the all-time series, 11-0. The Yellow Jackets and Fighting Irish met twice last season with ND taking both decisions. The Fighting Irish took the first meeting between the programs in early January to begin the home-and-home series this season. ND dished out 30 assists on 34 made field goals and shot 54.8 percent (34-62) from the field to seal the win. Notre Dame scored 60 points in the paint and had five players finish in double-figures led by Jessica Shepard with 19 points. Elizabeth Balogun led the Jackets with 14 points, followed by Elizabeth Dixon with 12 points. Kierra Fletcher had six of Tech’s 12 assists.
LAST TIME OUT
The Yellow Jackets dropped a hard decision at North Carolina on Thursday in a game that came down to the final minute of play. Tech trailed by 14 points in the second half, but made a comeback to tie the game with 2.7 seconds left on the clock when Elizabeth Balogun hit three free throws to knot the game at 90-90. On the final possession, Janelle Bailey headed to the free throw line after being fouled and hit the back end of the two attempts with 0.9 ticks left to secure the win. Balogun led all scorers with 35 points in the loss, going 11-for-20 from the field and 7-of-9 from the charity stripe. The freshman hit six three-pointers to tie her personal-best. UNC hit 14 three-pointers in the win, but dropped the rebounding battle, 39-24. Lorela Cubaj posted her fourth double-double behind 17 points and 12 rebounds.