THE FLATS – The Georgia Tech women’s basketball team will make its first appearance of the 2018-19 season on Sunday when it hosts Coastal Georgia in an exhibition contest at McCamish Pavilion. The Jackets and Mariners tip at 2 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-0) vs. Coastal Georgia Mariner (1-2)
Georgia Tech Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
Parking: Available in McCamish Parking lot
Promotions: Season ticket holders can pick-up their season ticket ID and tumbler at the marketing table. Season ticket holder adidas t-shirts will also be available for pick-up.
- Georgia Tech makes its first appearance of the 2018-19 season on Sunday hosting Coastal Georgia in an exhibition game at McCamish Pavilion. The game can be viewed on ACC Network Extra.
- The Yellow Jackets and Mariners have never met in program history.
- Georgia Tech returns seven letterwinners from last season’s squad that went 20-14 overall and reached the third round of the WNIT. The Yellow Jackets defeated Bethune Cookman and UAB at home before falling to Alabama by a possession in Tuscaloosa.
- Amongst Tech’s seven returning letterwinners is last season’s leading scorer and 2016-17 ACC Freshman of the Year, Francesca Pan. The junior led the Jackets in scoring last season, averaging 14.3 points per game, while also leading the team in three-point shooting, connecting on 79 treys. Also returning for her sophomore campaign on The Flats is Kierra Fletcher who put together an impressive freshman campaign last season. Fletcher returns as the team’s leading rebounder after pulling down 5.2 rebounds per game last season.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 16th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 294-191. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
Georgia Tech returns seven letterwinners from last season’s squad and welcomes six newcomers. The Jackets return 48% of its scoring from last season and 42% of its rebounding.
APPROACHING A MILESTONE
The team’s leading returning scorer from last season, junior Francesca Pan has poured in 900 career points in 70 career games, needing just 100 points to become the 31st player in program history to cross the 1,000-career point plateau. As a freshman, Pan poured in 414 points in 36 games and finished second on the team in scoring to be tabbed the ACC Freshman of the Year. She followed her inaugural season scoring 486 points as a sophomore in 34 games.
CLOSING IN ON VICTORY CLUB
Georgia Tech’s women’s basketball head coach MaChelle Joseph has 294 career wins in 15 seasons, needing just six wins to reach 300 career wins at Georgia Tech. Joseph is the program’s all-time winningest coach in program history and has led the Jackets to 11 postseason appearances since taking over at the helm of the program, including seven NCAA appearances. Additionally, she has helped lead the Yellow Jackets to 10 20-plus win seasons.