THE FLATS — Georgia Tech women’s basketball closes out 2017 on New Year’s Eve hosting Clemson at 2 p.m. in McCamish Pavilion. The teams meet on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-3, 0-1 ACC) vs. Clemson (10-3, 0-0 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Clemson Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
STARTING FIVE AGAINST CLEMSON
1. Georgia Tech concludes this four-game homestand hosting Clemson for a 2 p.m. tilt on New Year’s Eve. This marks the first game of a home-and-home with the Tigers. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Tigers have met 79 times in program history dating back to the 1980 season. Tech has taken the last three meetings in Atlanta, but narrowly leads the series in the ATL, 18-17. The teams split the two meetings last year with each team taking their respective home decisions.
3. The Jackets dropped their first game at home on Thursday to open ACC play, moving to 8-1 this season when competing at home. When competing at home, two Jackets average double-figure scoring numbers led by Francesca Pan (13.7 ppg) and Zaire O’Neil (11.1 ppg). Tech is outscoring its opponents at home by a 21.7 point advantage.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.3 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.2 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 285-180. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
-Be the 36th win over Clemson in program history and mark the first conference win for the Jackets in 2017-18
-Give the Jackets a 19-17 edge against the Tigers when competing at home
-Mark the 286th win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 661st all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 661-604 overall
Georgia Tech and Clemson first met in 1980 and have met 79 times since Jan. 31, 1980. Tech has taken 22 of the past 25 meetings against the Tigers dating back to 2006. The Jackets last lost to Clemson in Atlanta on Jan. 30, 2014 in overtime, 80-79. Prior to that meeting, the last time Tech lost to Clemson at home was in 2004. Tech and Clemson split the two meetings last year, with each team taking their respective home decisions.