THE FLATS – Georgia Tech softball (4-5) will remain home for its midweek contest against Kennesaw State (3-5), hosting the Owls on Tuesday at 5 p.m. at Mewborn Field.
Tuesday, Feb. 21 @ 5 p.m. vs. Kennesaw State
The game will be broadcast live on ACC Network Extra.
Parking will be available in the McCamish lot.
Tuesday’s game will feature yellow ribbon and bracelet giveaways for Pediatric Cancer Day.
- Georgia Tech recently hosted the ACC/B1G Challenge, picking up a 5-2 win over Illinois (5-4).
- Allen launched a home run on three straight days, bringing her total to four for her career.
- Vukadinovich now owns two of Tech’s three triples this season after picking one up against Wisconsin (2-6). The White and Gold tallied six triples as a team last season, led by senior catcher Emma Kauf with two.
- Tech belted three solo home runs against the Badgers, courtesy of Allen, Kauf and sophomore second baseman Grace Connelly.
- Neleman recently moved into fifth in program history in career strikeouts in the season-opening Buzz Classic, now owning 446 over her decorated career.
- The Marietta, Ga., native owns a 2.92 ERA after most notably racking up a career-high tying 13 strikeouts in a complete game two-hitter for victory over UConn in her first appearance of the season.
- Fellow senior right hander Chandler Dennis owns a stellar outing in the circle of her own against Saint Francis, throwing a complete game one-hitter for a shutout with eight strikeouts in seven innings of work.
- Defense has gone hand in hand with work from the circle this season as the Jackets lead the ACC and are ninth in the NCAA in fielding percentage (.987).
- Other top five marks as a unit for the Yellow Jackets include fourth in the conference in triples per game (.33) and fifth in the league in stolen bases per game (1.56).
- Tech’s staunch plate discipline has resulted in 39 walks, ranking third in the ACC and 26th in the NCAA.
- The Yellow Jackets have made the most of their swings, ranking fifth in the conference in home runs per game (1.00).
- Individually, Allen’s 0.43 home runs per game are currently second in the ACC as well as 22nd in the NCAA.
- Black is currently third in the conference in RBI per game, averaging 1.22 this season.
- Neleman is third in the ACC in while landing in the top 25 in the NCAA with 38 punchouts.
- Dennis’ shutout is one of only a handful in the country as it ranks second in the league.
- Sophomore right hander Kinsey Norton owns one of the few saves in the league as well, ranking second in the conference in the category.
- With her pair of triples this season, Vukadinovich is tied atop the league and second in the nation.
- Georgia Tech leads Kennesaw State 23-10 in the all-time series.
- The Yellow Jackets defeated the Owls at home (5-2) and on the road (5-0) last season.
- The White and Gold own the longest streak of the series, winning five straight from 2014-18.
- Tech holds a 12-4 advantage in home contests and an 11-5 edge on the road throughout the series.
2023 Softball Tickets
Georgia Tech softball 2023 single-game tickets remain on sale and can be purchased HERE. Each ACC/B1G Challenge ticket will grant all-day access on the date purchased.
Reserved Chairback: $5
Adult GA Bench: $3
Youth/Senior GA Bench: $2
Group (10+) GA Bench: $2
Standing room only tickets will be sold for $2 each if all other sections are sold out. Georgia Tech students and faculty/staff can receive free admission to regular season home games while seats remain available by showing a valid BuzzCard at the entrance.
More ticketing information, including the steps to become a member of the Mew Crew and the benefits of joining, can be found on the official Georgia Tech Softball Tickets page.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Instagram (@GaTechSoftball), Twitter (@GaTechSoftball), Facebook (Georgia Tech Softball) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.