Sept. 26, 2015
POSTGAME NOTES [GAME 4]
DUKE BLUE DEVILS (3-1, 1-0) 34, #20 GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (2-2, 0-1) 20
SEPTEMBER 26, 2015 • DURHAM, N.C. • WALLACE WADE STADIUM (20,101)
- This is Georgia Tech’s 123rd season of football and the team’s all-time record is now 714-479-43.
- Tech is 177-82-5 when playing as a ranked team, and 5-8-1 when playing as the 20th-ranked team.
- The all-time series with Duke now stands at 50-32-1, including 22-19 in Durham.
- Tech is 17-16 all-time in ACC openers, 10-10 in ACC openers on the road. Under head coach Paul Johnson,Tech is 6-2 in ACC openers.
- Tech’s five-game winning streak when playing at Duke’s Wallace Wade Stadium was snapped — a streak that began with a 35-10 win in 2005.
- Georgia Tech has scored points off eight of 10 takeaways this season, including six touchdowns.
- For the season, Tech leads 47-11 in points-off-turnover scoring. Since the start of 2014, Tech has scored 184 points off turnovers, which are fourth-most in the FBS. Tech’s +119 points-off-turnover margin (181-62) is also fourth-best since 2014, according to ESPN.com
- Duke’s 100-yard kickoff returned for touchdown was the first allowed by the Yellow Jackets since 2010 (vs. Virginia Tech).
- Tech’s streak of rushing for 200+ yards in a game was halted at 17 — it was the longest active streak in the FBS.
- On Duke’s opening drive, junior LB P.J. Davis forced his fourth career fumble (first this season) and sophomore DE KeShun Freeman recovered his second career fumble.
- The game-high 13 tackles by P.J. Davis were one shy of the career high 14 he had at North Carolina last season.
- Davis had led, or been tied, for the team lead in tackles in three straight games.
- Harrison Butker is now 2-for-3 in career on field goals 50+ yards, with makes of 52 today at Duke and 53 last year at Georgia. His miss was a 52-yarder last year at home versus Duke.
- Butker is now 10-of-14 in his career on field goal tries of 40+ yards.
- Junior QB Justin Thomas extended his streak of consecutive games with a TD pass to eight, while Tech has thrown a TD pass in 12 straight contests.
- Thomas’s rushing touchdown was his third this season and 13th of his career.
- Sophomore WR Ricky Jeune caught his first career touchdown pass, and finished the game with four catches for 91 yards and a TD — all career-bests.
- The interception for freshman S A.J. Gray was the first of his career, and was the second career for sophomore DB Lawrence Austin (his first coming at Tulane last season).
- Sophomore DL Antonio Simmons made his first career start, as did true freshman WR Brad Stewart.
- Senior DT Adam Gotsis made his team-leading 32nd consecutive start.