Nov. 28, 2014
• Opening tip: won by Georgia Tech (Jackets are 3-1 on opening tips this season)
• On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Jackson, Bolden, Georges-Hunt, Stephens, Sampson
• Series Record vs. Marquette: 3-4 overall, 1-2 on neutral floors
• Current series streak: three straight wins for Marquette
• Tech is now 16-18 against current members of the Big East Conference
• Georgia Tech is now 3-6 in Thanksgiving tournaments under Brian Gregory, and 4-9 on neutral floors.
• Georgia Tech’s next game: Friday, Nov. 28 vs. Rider (2-3), 6:30 p.m., Orlando Classic, HP Field House, Orlando, Fla. [ESPN2]
• Georgia Tech suffered a rare loss when it out-shot its opponent from the floor. The Yellow Jackets are 42-12 when shooting a higher field goal percentage than its opponent.
• Georgia Tech is now 26-10 under Gregory when scoring 70 or more points. The Jackets are also 8-27 when the opponent scores 70 or more.
• Georgia Tech led 31-29 at the half, and has led at halftime in every game this season. The Jackets are 36-17 when leading at the half under Brian Gregory.
• Georgia Tech out-rebounded Marquette, 41-29, and has outrebounded all four of its opponents this season. The Jackets are 40-26 under Gregory when out-rebounding their opponent.
• Tech is 6-46 when trailing at the 5-minute mark of the second half under Brian Gregory.
• Tech utilized nine players against Marquette, and eight of them scored.
• Tech committed a season-high 16 turnovers.
• Tech received a season-high 35 points from its bench.
• Freshman Tadric Jackson came into Thursday night’s game 0-for-11 from three-point range, but broke his drought with a trio of threes and his first double-digit scoring game (team-high 17 points).
• Josh Heath had seven assists and just one turnover against Marquette. For the season, the sophomore point guard has 25 assists and two turnovers.
• Travis Jorgenson made his second start of the season at point guard, moving back into the lineup after missing the Alabama A&M game with soreness in his surgically repaired knee and coming off the bench against IPFW.
• Marcus Georges-Hunt scored a season-high 14 points, reaching double figures for the third time in four games and the 43rd time in his career.
• Robert Sampson had a season-high nine rebounds.