Feb. 13, 2016
Georgia Tech Game Notes • Clemson Game Notes • 2015-16 Info Guide • Season Statistics • Buy Tickets
- Georgia Tech hosts Clemson on Sunday at 2 p.m. at McCamish Pavilion for its annual Play4Kay Pink game. The game can be heard on WREK 91.1 with Richard Musterer and Fallon Stokes.
- Clemson is Georgia Tech’s most frequently played opponent. The two teams will meet for the 77th time in school history on Sunday and the Tigers lead the all-time series, 43-33. Georgia Tech has won 20 of the past 22 meetings against Clemson and four-straight. The Jackets won all three meetings against the Tigers in 2015 and the game at Clemson on Jan. 24, 76-63.
- Senior Aaliyah Whiteside leads the ACC with her 20.5 points per game which also is 23rd in the nation. She is also second on the Jackets in rebounding with 7.2 boards per game, which is 10th in the ACC. She has scored at least 20 points in 16 of 25 games and had five-straight double-doubles this season. She scored her 1,000th career point against Southeastern Louisiana.
- Senior Roddreka Rogers has been back to her old ways, recording two-straight double-doubles. At Syracuse, she tallied her fourth double-double of the season with 10 points and a team-high 13 rebounds. Rogers followed that up with another double-double against Miami with 15 points and 14 rebounds. She has 22 career double-doubles which is second among active players in the ACC.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph became the all-time winningest coach in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history last year and has a career record of 246-160 and the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 61.0 percent. She is currently in her 13th season at the helm of the Jackets and is 91-102 in her career in ACC play.
a win would…
– Be the fifth-straight win against Clemson and the 21st win out of the past 23 meetings.
– Put the overall record between the two teams at 43-34 in favor of Clemson.
– Give the Yellow Jackets an overall ACC record of 193-344 and an 92-102 record in the ACC under Coach Joseph.
– Be the 247th win of Coach Joseph’s career and give her a 247-160 overall record.
– Give Georgia Tech its 622nd program win and put Georgia Tech at 622-587 overall over 41 years of women’s basketball.
vuckovic named to allstate wbca good works team
Junior Katarina Vuckovic is one of five NCAA Division I women’s basketball student-athletes to be named to the 2016 Allstate WBCA Good Works team. In its fourth year, this prestigious award honors college basketball athletes that have dedicated themselves to bettering the lives of others through giving back to their communities. The Allstate WBCA Good Works Teams® is comprised of 10 student-athletes; five from NCAA® Division I and five from NCAA Divisions II, III and the NAIA.
The Smederevo, Serbia, native has been involved in a number of community service initiatives since her arrival on campus in 2013. Vuckovic, who is a member of SAAB, traveled to the Dominican Republic this past summer with fellow Yellow Jackets for a service trip.
double-doubles for the seniors
Seniors Roddreka Rogers and Aaliyah Whiteside both recorded double-doubles against Miami. Whiteside led the Jackets with 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds while Rogers had 15 points and a temam-high 14 rebounds. The last time two Yellow Jackets had double-digit rebounds in the same game was a Indiana when Whiteside had 15 and Vuckovic grabbed 10.
the last meeting vs. clemson
Senior Aaliyah Whiteside dropped 31 points in Georgia Tech’s 76-63 victory at Clemson earlier this season on Jan. 24. She also had a team-high nine rebounds. Junior Katarina Vuckovic scored 10 points while sophomore Zaire O’Neil had 13. The Tigers came back to take the lead from the Jackets in the hird period, but Whiteside orchastrated a 14-2 run for the Yellow Jackets that gave Tech back the lead for good.
rogers vs. the tigers
Senior Roddreka Rogers has had some of her best games in a Yellow Jacket uniform against Clemson. Over the past three seasons and in eight games, Rogers has averaged 10.6 points per game and 12.3 rebounds per game against Clemson. In the three times the Jackets faced the Tigers in 2015, Rogers averaged an impressive 16.7 points per game and 17.0 rebounds per game. Rogers has recorded a double-double against Clemson in five of the six past meetings.
rogers back to her old ways
Senior Roddreka Rogers has been back to her old ways. She has recorded two-straight double-doubles. At Syracuse she tallied her fourth double-double of the season with 10 points and a team-high 13 rebounds. The next game againset Miami she scored 15 points and pulled in 14 rebounds. She has 22 career double-doubles which is second among active players in the ACC. It was her eighth time this season tallying double-figure rebounds and her 11th time leading the Jackets on the boards. Her 7.3 rebounds per game are 9th in the ACC and her 7.5 rebounds per game in conference play is eighth. She averages 2.7 offensive rebounds per game and 4.6 defensive rebounds per game.