Dec. 19, 2015
Georgia Tech Game Notes • IUPUI Game Notes • 2015-16 Info Guide • Season Statistics • Buy Tickets
- Georgia Tech finished off the nonconference season at IUPUI on Sunday at 2 p.m. The game can be heard on WREK 91.1 and will be streamed live on IUPUIJags.com.
- This will be the first meeting between Georgia Tech and IUPUI. This is the second of Tech’s three trips to the state of Indiana in the month of December. The Yellow Jackets played at Indiana on Dec. 2 in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and will open up the ACC season on Dec. 30 at Notre Dame.
- Senior Aaliyah Whiteside is averaging a team-best 19.4 points per game which leads the ACC and is 33rd in the nation. She is also Tech’s leading rebounder with 7.7 boards per game. She became the 29th Yellow Jacket to score 1,000 career points against Southeastern Louisiana. She has scored at least 21 points in nine of 12 games and had four-straight double-doubles this season. Her most recent double-double against Prairie View A&M was on 14 points and 11 assists.
- Both sophomore Antonia Peresson and freshman Ciani Cryor scored 17 points each, helping to lead the Jackets to a 70-58 win against Alabama. Peresson sank five 3-pointers while Cryor made three and had five steals and five assists.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph became the all-time winningest coach in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history last year and has a career record of 241-152 and the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 61.3 percent. She is currently in her 13th season at the helm of the Jackets.
a win would…
– Be the first win against IUPUI and the first in the series.
– Give the Yellow Jackets a 10-3 nonconference record.
– Be the 242nd win of Coach Joseph’s career and her 393rd game at the helm of the Jackets putting her just seven games away from hitting the 400 mark.
– Give Georgia Tech its 617th program win and put Georgia Tech at 617-579 overall over 41 years of women’s basketball.
Georgia Tech has had two games this season where it has made at least 12 3-pointers in the game – vs. USC Upstate and vs. Alabama. Against USC Upstate, Georgia Tech sank 13 shots from behind the arc, going 13-for-28 from behind the 3-point line, which tied Georgia Tech’s record of most 3-pointers made in a game. Georgia Tech set the school record against West Carolina on November 10, 2013 when the Jackets made 13 3-pointers. In the win against Alabama, the Yellow Jackets made 12 3-pointers which is second-most in school history in a single game. Sophomore Antonia Peresson accounted for five of those 3-pointers against the Crimson Tide, including sinking four in the third period alone.
The Yellow Jackets are shooting 31.5 percent from behind the arc as a team and averaging 6.8 made 3-pointers a game. Sophomore Antonia Peresson has made a team-high 27 3-pointers while graduate student Irene Gari leads the team in 3-point shooting percentage at 41.9 percent (13-for-31).
hello again, indiana
Georgia Tech will be very used to the state of Indiana by the end of December. All three of Georgia Tech’s road trips in the month of December are to Coach Joseph’s home-state of Indiana – Dec. 2 at Indiana, Dec. 20 at IUPUI and Dec. 30 at Notre Dame. It will be the first meeting in school history against Indiana and IUPUI and the fifth in the series against Notre Dame.
keeping track of aaliyah
Senior Aaliyah Whiteside recorded her fourth-straight double-double against Prairie View A&M, scoring 14 points and handing out 11 assists against the Panthers. In the contest, she had nine rebounds, putting her one rebound away from a triple-double. Whiteside has four double-doubles this season and nine in her career. This was the seventh time she has led the Yellow Jackets in rebounding. Whiteside has scored at least 21 points in nine out of 12 games this season. Her nine 20 point games are the most by any player in the ACC. She is averaging a team-high 19.4 points per game. Whiteside has scored at least 20 points in 16 games in her career. After recovering from being sick, Whiteside only scored eight points against Alabama, snapping an 18-game streak of scoring at least 10 points, which dated back to last season.
rogers perfect from the floor
Senior Roddreka Rogers did not miss a field goal against Prairie View A&M, shooting 100 percent (11-for-11) from the floor and sinking three of her four free throw attempts on her way to a career-high 25 points. Rogers’ previous career high was 20 points which she scored against Clemson last season on March 4, 2015 in the ACC Tournament. This was only the second time in her career and second time this season that Rogers has led the team in scoring. Rogers scored 25 points in just 24 minutes of action and grabbed five rebounds. Her 60.0 FG% is first in the ACC and 20th in the NCAA.