May 23, 2007
2007 ACC Baseball Tournament
Georgia Tech vs. North Carolina
Georgia Tech Postgame Notes
May 23, 2007
– Georgia Tech improved to 64-42 in ACC Tournament play, and is now 33-21 in the league tournament under head coach Danny Hall
– The Yellow Jackets won their sixth-straight ACC Tournament game against the Tar Heels, dating back to the mid-1990’s. Tech is now 10-4 against UNC in the ACC Tournament.
– Georgia Tech’s four runs in the top of the seventh inning helped the Yellow Jackets to just their fourth win of the season when trailing after five innings (Tech is now 4-15 when trailing after five).
– With the win, the Yellow Jackets improved to 8-2 at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville.
– Head coach Danny Hall used his 44th-different lineup card of the season against the Tar Heels.
– With a walk in the fifth inning, Danny Payne extended his streak to 75-straight games that he’s reached base safely, which is believed to be the second-highest mark in school history (behind Scott Jordan’s record of 79, set from 1984-85).
– Payne scored the 199th and 200th runs of his career against UNC, moving him into ninth place in the Tech career annals. All nine players have also recorded at least 200 hits in their careers, including Payne, who has collected 219 in his three years on the Flats.