THE FLATS – The Georgia Tech women’s basketball welcomes UT Arlington to McCamish Pavilion on Sunday at 2 p.m. for the second meeting in program history.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-1) vs. UT Arlington Lady Mavericks (5-3)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | UTA Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
–Ugly Holiday Sweater contest – Register at the marketing table for a chance to win a $50 movie pass.
-Michael Isenhour Toy Drive – Bring a new, unwrapped toy for free admission
1. Georgia Tech concludes this three-game homestand on Sunday welcoming UT Arlington to McCamish Pavilion for the first time in program history. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Lady Mavericks have met once in program history, on neutral ground back in 2008 in the Bahamas Sunsplash Shootout in Nassau. Tech leads the all-time series, 1-0.
3. The Jackets are coming off their fifth win at home this season after defeating MTSU last week. Tech is playing just two games over a two week span during Tech’s finals week.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by two players averaging double-figures: Francesca Pan (13.8 ppg) and Zaire O’Neil (10.1 ppg). Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.1 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 282-178. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
-Be the second win in program history over UT Arlington and move the all-time series to 2-0 in favor of Tech
-Keep Tech’s record at home this season unblemished and move it to 6-0
-Mark the 283rd win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 658th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 658-604 overall
LAST TIME THEY MET
Georgia Tech and UT Arlington have met just once in program history – on neutral ground in the Bahamas Sunsplash Shootout in 2008. The Jackets, ranked No. 25 nationally at the time, defeated the Mavericks in the championship game to go 2-0 in the tournament.