THE FLATS — Wrapping up non-conference play this week, the Georgia Tech women’s basketball team plays host to Charleston Southern and Southern Miss this week. The Jackets open the four-game homestand against Charleston Southern on Tuesday at 7 p.m. before welcoming Southern Miss on Thursday at noon. Both games will be available on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-2) vs. Southern Miss Lady Eagles (7-3) *Both teams play Tuesday night
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Southern Miss Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
STARTING FIVE AGAINST CSU
1. Georgia Tech returns home to kickoff a four-game homestand spreading over the holiday break. The Jackets open the stretch hosting Charleston Southern for the fifth meeting in program history on Tuesday. The game will be broadcast on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Buccaneers have met four times in program history dating back to 1997 – all four contests have taken place in Atlanta. Tech owns a perfect 4-0 mark in the series. The non-conference foes last met in 2002.
3. The Jackets are a perfect 6-0 this season when competing at home and look to extend that mark to 7-0 Tuesday. When competing at home, three Jackets average double-figure scoring numbers led by Francesca Pan (15.5 ppg), Zaire O’Neil (105. ppg) and Kaylan Pugh (10.0 ppg). Tech is outscoring its opponents at home by a 25 point advantage.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 14.2 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.3 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 283-179. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
– Be the fifth win in program history over Charleston Southern and keep the Jackets perfect against the Buccaneers, 5-0
-Push the Jackets to 7-0 at home this season
-Mark the 284th win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 659th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 659-604 overall
Georgia Tech and CSU have met four times in program history, with the Jackets leading the all-time series 4-0. The last meeting between the two schools occurred on Jan. 29, 2002 with Tech taking the decision 79-52. All four meetings have taken place in Atlanta dating back to the 1997-98 season.