THE FLATS — Georgia Tech women’s basketball returns to McCamish Pavilion for a Thursday matchup against Boston College at 7 p.m. on ACC Network Extra. The game will serve as a Samaritan’s Feet Shoe Drive with patrons donating a new/gently used pair of sneakers for free admission.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (14-10, 3-8 ACC) vs BOSTON COLLEGE (6-17, 1-9 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Boston College Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
-Win at the Whistle — First 200 fans will receive a `Win at the Whistle’ t-shirt and drawstring bag
-Samaritan’s Feet Shoe Drive — Fans who donate a new/gently used pair of sneakers will receive free admission
-TV Giveaway — Georgia Tech students, register at the marketing table inside the main entrance during pregame for a chance to win a flat screen TV
STARTING FIVE AGAINST BOSTON COLLEGE
1. Georgia Tech makes a brief stop at home on Thursday to host Boston College at 7 p.m. in McCamish Pavilion. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Eagles have met 16 times in program history with Tech leading the all-time series 11-5. The foes met twice last year with the Jackets taking both decisions.
3. The Jackets will look to extend its winning streak after picking up a win at Clemson over the weekend. Led by Francesca Pan and Zaire O’Neil offensively, Tech defeated the Tigers 60-48 for its first ACC win on the road this season.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.2 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.4 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 288-187. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD….
-Push Tech’s all-time record against Boston College to 12-5 and mark the sixth straight win over the Eagles
-Be the second straight ACC win for the Jackets having been victorious at Clemson over the weekend
-Mark the 289th win of Coach Joseph’s career
-Be the 664th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 664-614 overall
Georgia Tech and Boston College first met in 1991 and have met 16 times since then. Tech leads the all-time series over Boston College, 11-5, having taken both meetings last year between the foes – once in the regular season and again in the ACC Tournament in March, both by the same 71-67 tally. The Jackets have taken the last five straight meetings between the conference foes and eight of the past nine. BC last defeated Tech on March 3, 2013 and has only been victorious over Tech in Atlanta once, on Jan. 8, 2009 by one point in overtime, 65-64. In the last meeting between the schools, the Jackets knocked the Eagles out of the ACC Tournament in first round action. Led by three Jackets in double-figures, Tech topped BC 71-67 to advance to the second round.