Nov. 7, 2014
|GameDay Central • 2014 Media Guide • Season Statistics • #InfographicNotes • Depth Chart • Fan Guide|
| #24 GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (7-2, 4-2) at NC STATE WOLFPACK (5-4, 1-4)|
Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014 • 12:30 p.m. ET • Raleigh, N.C. • Carter-Finley Stadium (57,583)
|TV: ACC Network (Listings) • Radio: 680 AM / 93.7 FM / GT Radio Network • Satellite: Sirius 108 / XM 194|
RALEIGH, N.C. – With its ACC Coastal slate complete, No. 24 Georgia Tech (7-2, 4-2) plays the first of two games against ACC Atlantic foes when the Yellow Jackets return to North Carolina to face NC State (5-4, 1-4). Saturday’s game will kick at 12:30 p.m. ET on the ACC Network.
OFFICIAL GAME HASHTAGS
THIS WEEK’S TECH HEADLINES
- Butker Named to Academic All-District Team – RW.com (Nov. 6)
- Success on Tobacco Road – RW.com (Nov. 6)
- Synjyn Days was Coached for this Moment – ESPN (Nov. 5)
- Tech Enters CFB Playoff Top 25 – RW.com (Nov. 4)
- #TGW: Pedal to the Medal – RW.com (Nov. 4)
- Freeman Named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week – RW.com (Nov. 4)
- The History Behind Georgia Tech’s Ramblin’ Wreck – SI (Nov. 4)
- Georgia Tech D Looking to Continue Upward Trend – AP (Nov. 4)
- Freeman continues strong play for Georgia Tech – Macon (Nov. 4)
- Tech’s Butker confident in his kicking – AJC (Nov. 4)
Georgia Tech leads the all-time series 18-10. Saturday will be the first series meeting since 2011.
- Paul Johnson is 1-2 against NC State (0-1 at Navy, 1-1 at Georgia Tech)
- Georgia Tech has won six of the last eight meetings and 11 of the last 14.
- Georgia Tech and NC State met every season from 1983 through 2006.
- Georgia Tech is 8-6 all-time in Raleigh, but the
- Jackets have won six of their last seven trips to the North Carolina capital city.
- The winning team has scored 45 points in each of the last two meetings (2010, 2011).
- The winning team has scored 24+ points in 13 of the last 14 series meetings and 20 of the 27 series meetings overall.
- In the first series meeting in 1918, the Jackets shut out NC State 128-0.
Since Paul Johnson’s arrival on The Flats in 2008, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are 15-12 in ACC road games (fourth among ACC schools during that span) and 20-16 in all road games (third among ACC schools during that span).
SUCCESS ON TOBACCO ROAD
Since its 2000 OT loss at NC State, the Yellow Jackets are 18-4 in their last 22 regular-season trips to North Carolina, including a 7-2 mark under head coach Paul Johnson. Prior to its heartbreaking 48-43 loss earlier this season at UNC, the Jackets had won seven straight games on Tobacco Road.
Get the statistical preview for Saturday’s ACC road game at NC State (click image for full infographic).
DOWNLOAD GEORGIA TECH GAMEDAY APP (Download: App Store | Google Play)
Georgia Tech Athletics joined forces with IMG and SportsLabs to develop the Georgia Tech Gameday app to keep Yellow Jackets fans connected to the action while on campus or watching from home. The Georgia Tech Gameday App will replace the current official app for Georgia Tech Athletics.
The Georgia Tech Gameday App is packed with robust social, on-campus and stat-driven features that enhance the gameday experience by delivering: free live game audio; real-time Instagram and Twitter feeds from the team and fans; the official game-day guide with key times, events and need-to-know information including stadium maps and parking to plan the day; live conference and Top 25 scores, real-time stats; opt-in alerts for weather updates, pre-game events, play-by-play information and more.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Twitter (@GeorgiaTechFB), Facebook (facebook.com/GTAthletics), and Instagram (@GTAthletics) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.