THE FLATS – Georgia Tech women’s basketball hosts its first ACC matchup of the season in McCamish Pavilion on Sunday, welcoming No. 2 Notre Dame at 3 p.m.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-3, 1-0 ACC) vs. No. 2 Notre Dame (13-1, 1-0 ACC)
Watch Live (RSN – Where to Watch)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Opponent Game Notes
Parking: Parking for patrons will be available in the Family Housing Deck located on 10th Street
-First 500 fans receive a free adidas t-shirt
-First 500 students receive a free box of Girl Scout Cookies (with BUZZ card)
-Three students will win a free flat screen TV (enter to win with BUZZ Card, must be present to win)
STARTING FIVE AGAINST NOTRE DAME
- Georgia Tech returns to Atlanta to host No. 2 and defending national champion Notre Dame on Sunday. The ACC foes will tip at 3 p.m. on RSN, locally Fox Sports South in Atlanta, with Jenn Hildreth and Kelly Deyo announcing.
- The Yellow Jackets open the home ACC schedule with No. 2 Notre Dame on Sunday. Tech and Notre Dame are meeting for the 11th time in program history and the sixth time in Atlanta. Notre Dame leads the all-time series, 10-0.
- The Yellow Jackets opened ACC play with a road win at Boston College on Thursday night. Tech posted an 81-76 victory behind four players in double-figures and a dominating 55-29 edge in rebounding. It marked the seventh-straight win over the Eagles by the Jackets.
- At Boston College, freshman Elizabeth Balogun put up an impressive performance to record her first collegiate double-double. Balogun scored a team-high 18 points and pulled down a career-high 17 rebounds. Classmate Elizabeth Dixon also finished with a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 16th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 305-194. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
Georgia Tech and Notre Dame have met on the hardwood 10 times in program history with Notre Dame leading the all-time series, 10-0. The Yellow Jackets and Fighting Irish met twice last season with ND taking both decisions. In the last meeting between the schools, the conference foes stood tied at intermission in South Bend. The Fighting Irish broke away in the second half, outscoring the Jackets by 16 points. Francesca Pan, Kierra Fletcher and Chanin Scott all posted double-figure scoring numbers in the outing. Tech won the rebounding battle, 42-38, but ND capitalized on a 15-of-23 showing at the free throw line to win the game (Tech was 5-of-7 at the charity stripe).
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech opened ACC play on the road with a midweek matchup at Boston College, defeating the Eagles, 81-76. Four Yellow Jackets scored in double-figures to help lead the team to victory, paced by 18 points from both Elizabeth Balogun and Kierra Fletcher. Balogun and Elizabeth Dixon also scored double-doubles, combining for 30 points and 27 rebounds in the game. Balogun finished with 18 points and 17 rebounds, while Dixon added 12 points and 10 rebounds to the board. The Jackets dominated on the glass, out-rebounding the Eagles, 55-29, including a 23-9 edge on the offensive glass. Tech also picked up the win from the free throw line, going 19-for-24 from the charity stripe, while BC was 5-of-7.