THE FLATS – Georgia Tech softball (16-15, 2-7 ACC) will begin a five-game road swing in state, taking a short trip to Kennesaw State (12-19, 4-2 ASUN) for the back half of a home-and-home series on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Bailey Park.
Tuesday, March 28 @ 6 p.m. vs. Kennesaw State
The game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
- Georgia Tech recently hung four runs on No. 5 Clemson in game two of the weekend series, the most runs the Tigers have surrendered this season.
- Junior utility player Sara Beth Allen highlighted the day, going 2-for-3 with her team-leading seventh dinger of the season.
- Senior right hander Blake Neleman has moved into second all-time in career strikeouts, also becoming the second Yellow Jacket ever to surpass 500 career strikeouts with 502 to date.
- On top of marching through Tech’s record books in strikeouts, Neleman has picked up a pair of saves this season, moving up to six in her career as she’s now in an eight-way tie for third in program history in career saves.
- On the season, Neleman (94) and Dennis (69) have combined for 163 strikeouts.
- Defense has gone hand in hand with work from the circle this season as the Jackets are second in the ACC and seventh in the NCAA in fielding percentage (.981).
- Amongst the conference this season, Neleman is third in the ACC with 94 punchouts.
- Racking up wins as of late, Dennis is now third in the ACC with 10 victories in the circle.
- Swatting a career-high third triple on the season against Georgia Southern, Kauf is currently third in the ACC in triples per game.
- Georgia Tech leads Kennesaw State 24-10 in the all-time series.
- The Yellow Jackets defeated the Owls at home (5-3) earlier this season for their fourth straight victory in the series.
- The White and Gold own the longest streak of the series, winning five straight from 2014-18.
- Tech holds a 13-4 advantage in home contests and an 11-5 edge on the road throughout the series.
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Instagram (@GaTechSoftball), Twitter (@GaTechSoftball), Facebook (Georgia Tech Softball) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.