Oct. 24, 2014
Georgia Tech President Bud Peterson met with members of the GTAA’s Student-Athlete Advisory Board on Thursday morning during lunch at the Edge Building.
GTAA administrators Theresa Wenzel (Associate AD / SWA), Leah Thomas (Director of Total Person Program), and Nicole Jameson (Assistant Director of Total Person Program) helped plan President Peterson’s visit. SAAB representatives included:
- Alex Braxton (women’s track),
- Julian Darden (men’s track),
- Kaela Davis (women’s basketball),
- Andrea Demick (women’s swimming),
- Alex Grady (men’s track),
- Morgan Jackson (women’s track),
- Isaiah Johnson (football),
- Hayley Keady (women’s track),
- Megan Kurey (women’s tennis),
- Lindsey Peterka (cheer),
- Natasha Prokhnevska (women’s tennis),
- Nathan Rakitt (men’s tennis),
- Morgan Taylor (softball),
- Rachel Thorne (women’s track),
- Jeremy Wegener (men’s track),
- Wimberly Wilson (volleyball), and
- Joe Wiseman (baseball).
Afterwards, Brandon Gaudin caught up with President Peterson to discuss the importance of the Student-Athlete Advisory Board, the role of college athletics at the Institute, and his time as a college student-athlete at Kansas State.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Twitter (@GTAthletics), Facebook (facebook.com/GTAthletics), and Instagram (@GTAthletics) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.