THE FLATS – Coming off their first win of the season, Georgia Tech women’s basketball continues this homestand, welcoming Western Carolina for a midweek matchup on Wednesday. Tip is slated for 7 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-1) vs. Western Carolina Catamounts (1-2)
Watch Live (ACC Network Extra)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Opponent Game Notes
Promotions: Canned Food Drive – fans receive free admission with one (1) canned food item and a free ticket to December 5 game with donation of five (5) canned food items
- Georgia Tech continues this three-game homestand welcoming Western Carolina for the seventh meeting in program history. The Jackets and Catamounts have not met since 2013 and Tech owns a 6-0 all-time record against WCU. The game will be televised on ACC Network Extra.
- The Yellow Jackets picked up their first win of the season last Sunday in their home opener against App State. Tech used three players in double-figure scoring to secure its first win led by freshman Elizabeth Balogun with 21 points.
- Freshman Elizabeth Balogun has kick-started her inaugural collegiate season, scoring 34 points for a 17.0 points per game average. Balogun has connected on six treys through her first two outings and earned the start in each contest.
- Amongst Tech’s seven returning letterwinners is last season’s leading scorer and 2016-17 ACC Freshman of the Year, Francesca Pan. The junior led the Jackets in scoring last season, averaging 14.3 points per game, while also leading the team in three-point shooting, connecting on 79 treys. Also returning for her sophomore campaign on The Flats is Kierra Fletcher who put together an impressive freshman campaign last season. Fletcher returns as the team’s leading rebounder after pulling down 5.2 rebounds per game last season.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 16th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 295-192. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
LAST TIME THEY MET
Georgia Tech and Western Carolina last met in 2013 in Atlanta. The Catamounts have made six trips to Atlanta in the all-time series and Tech has taken all six matchups. The series began in 1985 as the foes met each other every other year through 1981. After a meeting in 1995, the squads renewed the series in 2013.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech opened the home slate with a victory over App State to record its ninth-straight win over the Mountaineers. The Jackets shot 41.2 percent (28-68) from the field led by three players in double-figures, and shot 80.0 percent (8-10) from the charity stripe. Francesca Pan added 17 points to the scoreboard, while Kierra Fletcher chipped in 10 points and eight rebounds, falling just shy of a double-double. Despite Fletcher’s eight boards, ASU won the battle on the glass, 38-33. Tech forced 23 Mountaineer turnovers, converting the miscues into 21 points. The Jackets kept the turnovers low, committing only 10 on the afternoon.