THE FLATS – Georgia Tech women’s basketball returns to action hosting Duke on Thursday for a 7 p.m. tilt on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-4, 1-1 ACC) vs. Duke (8-6, 0-2 ACC)
Watch Live (ACC Network Extra)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Opponent Game Notes
-Georgia Tech Faculty & Staff Appreciation Night – present your valid Georgia Tech ID at the box office to receive free admission and two guest tickets
-First 100 faculty & staff receive free food in the Callaway Club
STARTING FIVE AGAINST DUKE
- Georgia Tech wraps up this homestand welcoming Duke to McCamish Pavilion for the 71st meeting in program history between the conference foes. The Yellow Jackets and Blue Devils will tip at 7 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
- The Yellow Jackets have won two of the past four meetings against Duke, but the Blue Devils have captured the last two. Duke leads the all-time series against Tech, 61-9, with Tech’s last win coming in 2016. The Jackets last defeated Duke in Atlanta on Feb. 26, 2015.
- The Yellow Jackets have opened ACC play going 1-1 with a victory at Boston College before falling to defending national champion and No. 2 Notre Dame. Freshman Elizabeth Balogun has led the Jackets offensively through the first two games, averaging 16.0 points per game.
- After leading Tech in its opening ACC games, Elizabeth Balogun picked up her third ACC Rookie of the Week accolade. Balogun has taken three of the past four weeks. Balogun posted double-figure scoring numbers in the first two ACC games to average 16.0 ppg and led on the glass as well, securing 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 16th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 305-195. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
Georgia Tech and Duke have met 70 times in program history dating back to the first meeting in 1979. Duke leads the series in Atlanta, 26-6, with Tech’s last win in McCamish on Feb. 26, 2015. Duke has taken the last two meetings, including a 77-59 decision last season in Cameron Indoor when they shot 56.9 percent (29-51) from the field. Tech shot 32.3 percent (21-65) led by 17 points from Antonia Peresson. Francesca Pan added 14 points. The Jackets hit nine three-pointers in the contest, but lost the rebounding battle, 39-32, and Duke finished 13-for-20 from the free throw line (Tech was 8-13 from the charity stripe). Kierra Fletcher secured a team-high eight rebounds and six assists.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech opened the ACC home slate last Sunday welcoming defending national champion and No. 2 Notre Dame, falling to the Fighting Irish, 76-55. Elizabeth Balogun led the team offensively with 14 points as the Jackets shot 36.1 percent (22-61). Notre Dame scored 60 points in the paint led by 19 points from Jessica Shepard. Both teams hit seven free throws and Tech connected on more from three-point range, but Notre Dame shot 54.8 percent (34-62) from the field and dished out 30 assists to secure the win.