ATLANTA (Mar. 29) — Georgia Tech’s Roger Anderson defeated Clemson’s Brad Emendorfer in the last match of the day to clinch an ACC victory for the Jackets 4-3. The win is the fourth in a a row for Tech and the seventh in the last eight matches.
Anderson’s three set tie breaker win came in the No. 3 singles spot 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (5). Robert Wright also took singles victory in the No. 5 spot 6-4, 6-4 over Tiger Marko Gojanovic. Romain Coirault and David Wright picked up Tech’s remaining two singles wins, beating Marko Gojanovic and Luis Garcia respectively.
Clemson won two of the three doubles matches to win the point. The only Tech pair to grab a double’s win was Sergio Aguirre and Robert Wright over Gojanovic and Tomasz Boniecki 9-7.
“This was a big win for us.” Coach Kenny Thorne said. The win improved the Jacket’s record to 9-7 (3-1 ACC). Tech will take their momentum into Bill Moore Tennis Center at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday to face the Virginia Cavaliers.
Match Results-Georgia Tech 4, Clemson 3
Bill Moore Tennis Center (Outside/Inside)
1. Josh Goffi (CU) d. Sergio Aguirre (GT) 6-3, 7-6 (3)
2. Tomasz Boniecki (CU) d. Jason Jeong (GT) 6-3, 7-5
3. Roger Anderson (GT) d. Brad Emendorfer (CU) 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (5)
4. David Wright (GT) d. Luis Garcia (CU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
5. Robert Wright (GT) d. Micah Thompson (CU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Romain Coirault (GT) d. Marko Gojanovic (CU) 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (4)
1. Darren Knight/Goffi (CU) d. Coirault/ Bibby (GT) 8-6
2. Aguirre/ Wright (GT) d. Gojanovic/Boniecki (CU) 9-7
3. Eric Cohen/ Sandon Barth (CU) d. D. Wright/ Anderson (GT) 8-3