GREENSBORO, N.C. – Georgia Tech diving and women’s swimming placed two student-athletes in the top finals on Friday evening as the ACC Championships wrapped up day three at the Greensboro Aquatic Center.
The Yellow Jackets finished the day 10th overall with 209 points.
Georgia Tech finishes its first week at the ACC Championships as diving and women’s swimming comes to a conclusion on Saturday. The men’s divers will take on the platform while the women’s divers will compete in the 1-meter. Swimmers will race the 200 back, 100 free, 200 breast, 200 fly and 1650 free.
Prelims begin at 10 a.m. while finals start at 6 p.m. and are broadcast live on ACC Network Extra.
Sophomore Camryn Hidalgo helped lead the Jackets on their strong day, scoring 23 points from her seventh-place finish in the platform, tallying a score of 222.95. She reached the finals with a sixth-place prelims score of 228.70.
Also scoring from the platform prelims for Tech on the night was Carly Doi (185.20) and Kelsey Dekshenieks (154.05).
Senior Iris Wang also made the A final of the 200 free, where she turned in a season-best NCAA B cut of 1:45.86 to finish eighth overall.
Then in the 400 IM, Kristen Hepler qualified for the B finals with a career-best NCAA B qualifying time of 4:16.52. She then finished eighth in the B final with a 4:20.21.
The Yellow Jackets continued to swarm the rest of the meet, turning in five career-best times overall and six season-best performances on the day.
* Junior Kristen Hepler qualified for the B Final swimming not only a season-best time for the Jackets but also a career best with a time of 4:16.52, time also was a NCAA B cut. Hepler then finished in 8th in the B Final with a time of 4:20.21.
* Hepler turned in a personal-best time of 1:02.59 in the 100 breast, where she served as an alternate for finals.
* Senior Iris Wang qualifies for the A final with a season-best time of 1:46.13 in the 200 free, time also a NCAA B cut time. Wang then finished eighth in the Championship Final with a time of 1:45.86.
* Junior Lindsay Wallace turns in a season-best time of 1:50.41 in the 200 free.
* Freshman Morgan Johnson swims a career-best time of 1:50.47 in the 200 free.
* Sophomore Celine Nugent swims a season-best time of 1:50.88 in the 200 free.
* Sophomore Camille Long turns in a season-best time of 1:53.29 in the 200 free.
* Junior Caroline Lee turns in a career-best time of 54.27 in the 100 back.
* Senior Sara Gilbert swims a career-best time of 54.59 in the 100 back.
* Freshman Jami Williams turns in a career-best time of 55.10 in the 100 back.
* Junior Chloe Miller finishes with a season-best time of 56.27 in the 100 back.
* Junior Carly Doi scores a season-best 185.20 in platform.
For the latest information on Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Swimming & Diving, follow us on Twitter (@GTSwimDive), Instagram (@GTSwimDive), and Facebook (Georgia Tech Swimming & Diving) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.