Nov. 27, 2015
| GameDay Central • 2015 Info Guide • Season Statistics • Game Notes • Depth Chart|
GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (3-8) vs. GEORGIA BULLDOGS (8-3)
SATURDAY, NOV. 28 • 12 P.M. ET • ATLANTA • BOBBY DODD STADIUM (55,000)
TV: ESPN2 | Radio: 680 AM / 93.7 FM / GT Radio Network | Satellite: Sirius 112 / XM 194
#UGAvsGT | #THWG | #COFH
THE FLATS – One of the great rivalries in college football is renewed Saturday at Bobby Dodd Stadium when Georgia Tech and Georgia clash in the 110th version of “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.” The game is sponsored by Atlanta BMW Centers.
Tech will honor its 22 seniors before Saturday’s game. The game is live on ESPN2, and can be heard on the Georgia Tech IMG Sports Network, locally on 680 The Fan and 93.7 FM.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Twitter: @GTAthletics | @GeorgiaTechFB | @MikeDeGeorge | @Britt_McCormick | @BrandonGaudin | @SeanBedford79
ALUMNI WATCH PARTIES
Can’t make it to the game Saturday? Check out Georgia Tech Alumni watch parties in your area.
MICHAEL ISENHOUR TOY DRIVE COLLECTION
Saturday is the main collection for the 2015 Michael Isenhour Toy Drive. Fans are asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy or a monetary gift to the game. Student-athletes representing Georgia Tech’s athletic teams will be stationed at every gate entrance to collect toys for charitable donation.
With Saturday’s 12 p.m. game versus Georgia at Bobby Dodd Stadium already sold out, the Georgia Tech Athletics Association is encouraging patrons to arrive early and familiarize themselves with the stadium’s policies to help alleviate lengthy delays at the stadium gates.
Single-game parking passes are still available for purchase. For more information, click here.
Heightened security measures will also be in place on Saturday. In accordance with current stadium guidelines, all bags will be searched upon entry into Bobby Dodd Stadium. Bags and backpacks larger than 14x10x 5 inches will NOT be permitted inside the stadium.
Georgia Tech’s Gameday 101 page contains a complete list of permitted and prohibited items, but please note that Game Management reserves the right to prohibit any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
Once inside Bobby Dodd Stadium — see something, say something. Should you notice suspicious items, or witness suspicious behavior, please immediately contact security personnel, a member of Tech’s Game Management staff, call 911 or utilize the LiveSafe app.
Tech’s Fan Assist Line – 678-429-1413 should be used to report unruly behavior or other non-emergencysituations.
The game is sold out, but a limited number of tickets remain on the secondary market. In order to avoid counterfeit tickets, patrons are encouraged to use StubHub, the official fan-to-fan ticket marketplace for Georgia Tech.
On Saturday, all Georgia Tech parking lots open at 7 a.m., with stadium gates opening at 10:30. Be in your seats early for an F-16 Fighting Falcon flyover following the national anthem approximately 20 minutes before kickoff. Immediately afterwards, Georgia Tech’s 22 seniors will be honored in an on-field ceremony.
Saturday’s Yellow Jacket Countdown and GT/UGA broadcast will air on 680 The Fan / 93.7 FM and the GT Gameday App. Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play), Sean Bedford (analyst) and Randy Waters (sideline) will call the action.
TECH-UGA SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
• Nov. 26, 1949: Tech 7, Georgia 6. The Grant Field victory that started “The Drought,” Bobby Dodd’s eight-year mastery of Georgia.
• Dec. 1, 1984: Tech 35, Georgia 18. In Athens, this was Curry’s turnaround game for the program, one that ended a six-game losing streak to UGA.
• Dec. 2, 1989: Tech 33, Georgia 22. Jerry Mays ran for 207 yards to help complete a remarkable 7-4 Tech turnaround after an 0-3 start.
• Nov. 28, 1998: Tech 21, Georgia 19, in Athens. Brad Chambers’ 35-yard field goal in the final seconds ended a seven-game losing streak to UGA.
• Nov. 27, 1999: Tech 51, Georgia 48, in overtime. In the most thrilling game in Bobby Dodd Stadium annals, Joe Hamilton’s last home game was triumphant. Luke Manget’s second-chance, OT field goal sent Tech fans into euphoria. Many of them carried Hamilton — who was second in the Heisman Trophy voting that season — on their shoulders and around the stadium.
• Nov. 29, 2008: Tech 45, Georgia 42, in Athens. Paul Johnson’s first Tech team overcame a 26-12 halftime deficit to break a seven-year skid against a Bulldog team that was ranked No. 1 in the preseason. Freshman Roddy Jones ran for 214 yards.
• Nov. 29, 2014: Tech 30, Georgia 24 (OT), in Athens. Harrison Butker booted a game-tying, career-long 53-yard field goal as time expired to force overtime after a Malcom Mitchell TD catch that gave UGA a 24-21 lead with 0:18 left. Tech’s Zach Laskey scored on the first possession in overtime and D.J. White intercepted Hudson Mason to seal the win.
|MOST PLAYED RIVALRIES IN FBS|
|GMS||SERIES LEADER||OPPONENT||RIVALRY NAME / TROPHY||FIRST MEET||LAST MEET|
|124*||Minnesota||Wisconsin||Paul Bunyan’s Axe||1890||2014|
|120||Miami (Ohio)||Cincinnati||Victory Bell (Battle for the Bell)||1888||2015|
|120||North Carolina||Virginia||South’s Oldest Rivlary||1892||2015|
|119||Georgia||Auburn||Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry||1892||2015|
|118*||Oregon||Oregon State||Civil War||1894||2014|
|118||Stanford||California||Stanford Axe (Big Game)||1892||2015|
|117*||Purdue||Indiana||Old Oaken Bucket||1891||2014|
|112*||Clemson||South Carolina||Palmetto Bowl||1896||2014|
|112*||Kansas||Kansas State||Governor’s Cup||1902||2014|
|112||Utah||Utah State||Beehive Boot||1892||2015|
|111*||Michigan||Ohio State||The Game||1897||2014|
|111*||Ole Miss||Mississippi State||Egg Bowl||1901||2014|
|111||Tennessee||Kentucky||Battle for the Barrel||1893||2015|
|110||Texas||Oklahoma||Red River Showdown||1900||2015|
|109*||Georgia||Georgia Tech||Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate||1893||2014|
|109*||Oklahoma||Oklahoma State||Bedlam Series||1904||2014|
|109||Minnesota||Iowa||Floyd of Rosedale||1891||2015|
|109||NC State||Wake Forest||1895||2015|
@Plays Friday | * Plays Saturday | ^Plays Dec. 5 | # Plays Dec. 12
DOWNLOAD GEORGIA TECH GAMEDAY APP (Download: App Store | Google Play)
Download the official GameDay app for iPhone and Android to get the latest news, scores and alerts, plus access to FREE live streaming of the IMG Georgia Tech Network game broadcasts. The TuneIn App provides free streaming for all game and weekly Paul Johnson Radio Show broadcasts. If you already have the app, be sure to visit the app store to download the latest update.