ATLANTA (Mar. 23) — Georgia Tech improved its record to 10-3 on the season defeating the University of Western Michigan in women’s tennis action Thursday afternoon at the Bill Moore Tennis Center. The Jackets won all nine matches agains the now 6-5 Broncos.
In singles play, Georgia Tech’s Jaime Wong blanked Western Michigan’s Melanie Remynse in the No. 4 singles spot 6-0, 6-0. Bobbi Guthrie clinched the win for the Yellow Jackets with a hard fought match against Larissa Chinwah, 7-5, 6-4.
Tech, once again, improved in their doubles play, winning all three matches including an 8-0 routing of Wester Michigan’s Diana Dimitrescu and Kendra Becker by Mysti Morris and Jaime Wong.
Other notables include, Tech’s Sabrina Pardu who defeated Cyra Malik 6-1, 6-0 in No. 1 action and Charlotte Pernet who battled her way backfrom down one set to defeat Western Michigan’s Diana Dimitrescu 3-6, 6-4, 6-0.
The Jackets will be on the road this weekend traveling to Duke and North Carolina for ACC tennis action.
No. 27 Georgia Tech 9, University of Western Michigan 0
Thursday March 23, 2000
1. Sabrina Pardo (GT) d. Cyra Malik(WM) 6-1,6-0
2. Bobbi Guthrie (GT) d. Larissa Chinwah (WM) 7-5, 6-4
3. Mysti Morris (GT) d. Nikki Thompson (WM) 6-0, 6-1
4. Jaime Wong (GT) d. Melanie Remynse (WM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Charlotte Pernet (GT) d. Diana Dimitrescu (WM) 3-6, 6-4, 6-0
6. Laura Ozolins (GT) d. Eloisa Marquez (WM) 6-2, 6-2
1. Pardo/Guthrie (GT) d. Malik/Remynse (WM) 8-2
2. Morris/Wong (GT) d. Dimitrescu/Becker (WM) 8-0
3. Ozolins/Pernet (GT) Chinwah/Champion (WM) 8-2