ATLANTA (Mar. 5) — Georgia Tech’s doubles tandom of Sabrina Pardo and Bobbi Guthrie beat Auburn’s Andrea Piski and Kate Illarionova 8-6 to clinch a Jacket win over the Tigers. The defeat the Tigers (#47) was the #48 Jackets sixth win of the season.
In singles play, Tech’s Bobbi Guthrie defeated Katia Illarionova 6-2 ,6-4 at the no.2 spot to get the first Jacket point. Jackets Mysti Morris and Laura Ozolins picked up two more singles victories over Simone Jardin and Caroline Thompson of Auburn. Charlotte Pernet took the win at the no. 5 spot in the only three-set match of the day, beating Auburn’s Carolina Maurer 6-4, 4-6, 6-2, to give the Jackets a 4-2 lead going into doubles play.
Tech’s pair of Mysti Morris and Jaime Wong won an additional doubles match 9-7 to make the final score 6-3.
The Lady Jackets remain at home to play UT-Chattanooga Monday at 2:00 pm at the Bill Moore Tennis Center.
#48 Georgia Tech 6, #47 Auburn 3
Sunday, March 5, 2000
Bill Moore Tennis Center (Outdoors)
1. T94 Andrea Piski (AU) d. Sabrina Pardo (GT), 6-4, 6-2
2. Bobbi Guthrie (GT) d. Katia Illarionova (AU), 6-2, 6-4
3. Mysti Morris (GT) d. Simone Jardin (AU), 6-1, 7-6(3)
4. Lucy Altman (AU) d. Jaime Wong (GT), 6-2, 6-2
5. Charlotte Pernet (GT) d. Carolina Maurer (AU), 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
6. Laura Ozolins (GT) d. Caroline Thompson (GT), 6-3, 6-2
1. Guthrie/Pardo (GT) d.Piski/ Illarionova (AU), 8-6
2. Morris/Wong (GT) d. Jardin/ Altman (AU), 9-7
3. Maurer/Thompson (AU) d. Pernet/Ozolins, 8-3