THE FLATS — The Georgia Tech men’s tennis team (6-6, 1-2) fell to Clemson, 4-3, on Sunday afternoon at the Hoak Sloan Tennis Center.
The Jackets entered singles trailing 1-0 after the Tigers clinched the doubles point.
In singles, No. 36 Carlos Divar picked up another win, defeating Yizhou Liu, 6-4, 6-1.
Both, Phillip Gresk and No. 106 Cole Gromley lost hard-fought matches. Gresk dropped his match to Simon Baudry, 6-1, 7-5, while Gromley lost to Pierre-Louis Dodens, 6-0 6-4.
Joseph Gandolfo also dropped his match, losing a tough battle to Jacob Jahn, 6-3, 6-4.
Chris Yun and Andrew Li picked up two big wins. Yun defeated Matteo Vialmin, 6-2, 6-3, and Li topped Teodor Giusca, 6-3, 6-3.
The Jackets will be back in action on Friday, March 15th at home against North Carolina.
1. #36 Carlos Divar (GT) def. Yizhou Liu (CU) 6-4, 6-1
2. Simon Baudry (CU) def. Phillip Gresk (GT) 6-1, 7-5
3. Andrew Li (GT) def. Teodor Giusca (CU) 6-3, 6-3
4. Chris Yun (GT) def. Matteo Vialmin (CU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Pierre-Louis Dodens (CU) def. #106 Cole Gromley (GT) 6-0, 6-4
6. Jacob Jahn (CU) def. Joseph Gandolfo (GT) 6-3, 6-4
1. Simon Baudry/Yizhou Liu (CU) vs. Carlos Divar/Phillip Gresk (GT) 6-6 (2-0), unfinished
2. Pierre-Louis Dodens/Jacob Jahn (CU) def. Joseph Gandolfo/Chris Yun (GT) 6-4
3. Teodor Giusca/Matteo Vialmin (CU) def. Brandon Freestone/Andrew Li (GT) 6-2