THE FLATS – Georgia Tech swimming saw its 19th-ranked men’s team continue to break records and collect medals on day three of the ACC Swimming Championships at the Greensboro Aquatic Center on Friday.
The Jackets currently are in 9th with 360 points.
The Yellow Jackets saw school records from Caio Pumputis in the 100 breast, breaking the program record twice. In prelims, he broke it with a time 52.49, before beating it again in finals at 52.07.
Tech will be back in action tomorrow, as day four of the ACC Championships will start with prelims at 10 a.m. and finals beginning at 6 p.m.
Pumputis led the way breaking the school record in the 100 breast twice – once in the prelims and again in finals. His record-setting times led him to a second-place finish and his second medal of the 2019 ACC Championships.
In the 100 fly, Darren Lim swam a career-best (48.42), Clay Hering turned in a career-best time of (48.68), and Corben Miles turned in a time of 50.13
Rodrigo Correia qualified for finals with a time of 1:36.53 in the 200 free and then in finals finished with a time of 1:44.78, finishing in 8th in the C Final in the 200 free. Correia then also finished first in the B final of the 100 back with a time of 45.79. Just behind him was Kyle Barone, who turned in a sixth-place B final with a career-best NCAA B qualifying time of 46.59.
Finishing fifth in the C final of the 100 back was Colt Williamson, who turned in a time of 47.81, after qualifying for the finals with a career-best 47.19.
Also making the finals in the 400 IM was Joonas Koski and Tim Slanschek. Koski qualified with an NCAA B cut of 3:49.72 while Slanschek swam a NCAA B 3:51.02. Slanschek would go on to turn in a career-best NBCAA B cut 3:50.66 to finish seventh in the C final before Koski finished eighth in the B final with a 3:52.47.
The night ended with the squad of Correia, Pumputis, Christian Ferraro and Lim finishing sixth in the 400 medley relay, turning in a final time of 3:08.93.
* Christian Ferraro qualified for finals turning in a time of 46.82 in the 100 fly, time is a NCAA B cut time
* Kyle Barone swam a career-best time, 47.02 also qualifying for finals, time is a NCAA B cut time
* Darren Lim (48.42) swam a career-best time in the 100 fly
* Clay Hering (48.68) turned in a career-best time in the 100 fly
* Corben Miles (50.13) turned in a career-best time in the 100 fly
* Rodrigo Correia qualified for finals finishing with time of 1:36.53 in the 200 free
* Daniel Jacobs turned in a career-best, 1:38.91 in the 200 free
* Joonas Koski qualified for finals turning in a time of 3:49.72 in the 400 IM, time was a NCAA B cut time
* Tim Slanschek swam a career-best, 3:51.02 also qualifying for finals in the 400 IM, time was a NCAA B cut time
* Cale Russell finished with a career-best, 1:42.57 in the 200 free
* Caio Pumputis qualified for finals swimming a school-best time, 52.49 in the 100 breast (qIV18)
* Rodrigo Correia qualified for finals finishing with a time of 46.54 in the 100 back, time is a NCAA B cut time
* Kyle Baron swam a career-best, 46.76, also qualifying for finals in the 100 back, time is a NCAA B cut time
* Jonathan Yang turned in a career-best time, 54.74 in the 100 breast
* Joseph Portillo finished with a career-best time, 55.37 in the 100 breast
* Colt Williamson qualified for finals swimming a career-best, 47.19 in the 100 back, time is a NCAA B cut time
* Christian Ferraro finished in 3rd in the C Final with a time of 46.83 in the 100 fly
* Kyle Barone broke his career-best he set in prelims with a time of 46.90 finishing in 5th in the C Final in the 100 fly
* Tim Slanschek turns in a new career-best, 3:50.66, finishing in 7th in the C Final in the 400 IM, time was also a NCAA B cut time
* Rodrigo Correia finishes with a time of 1:44.78, finishing in 8th in the C Final in the 200 free
* Caio Pumputis earns his second medal of the weekend, finishing in 2nd with a blazing time of 52.07 in the 100 breast (IV18)
* Kyle Barone finishes in 6th in the B Final with a career-best, 46.59 in the 100 back, NCAA B cut time.
For the latest information on Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Swimming & Diving, follow us on Twitter (@GTSwimDive), Instagram (@GTSwimDive), and Facebook (Georgia Tech Swimming & Diving) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.