Oct. 31, 2015
POSTGAME NOTES: VIRGINIA 27, GEORGIA TECH 21
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2015 • 3 p.m. ET • CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. • SCOTT STADIUM
- This is Georgia Tech’s 123rd season of football and the team’s all-time record is now 715-483-43. The all-time series with Virginia now stands at 19-18-1 (favoring Tech).
- Entering Saturday, Tech had won three straight overall, three straight in Charlottesville, and five of the last six meetings. UVA now leads the series in Charlottesville, 10-5-1.
- Tech is now 10-8 all-time when playing on Halloween.
- Georgia Tech threw for a season-best 251 yards – its highest single-game passing total since throwing for 282 yards in the 2014 season opener vs. Wofford.
- Including today’s interception by Rod Rook-Chungong, seven different Yellow Jackets share the team’s eight interceptions.
- Redshirt junior QB Justin Thomas threw for a season-high 251 yards, his second-highest single-game passing total since Wofford in 2014 (282).
- Thomas has now thrown a touchdown in eight of nine games this season and 16 of his last 17 games.
- Redshirt frehman AB Clinton Lynch, who finished with three carries for 63 yards and a 49-yard touchdown run, has gained 182 yards on 14 carries over his last three games. His previous six produced 17 carries, 130 yards and a TD. Lynch also caught his second and third career TD passes, finishing with with career bests for receptions (3) and yards (69).
- Redshirt sophomore WR Ricky Jeune finished with career highs for receptions (5) and yards (103). His 103 receiving yards are the most by a Georgia Tech player and he is the first 100-yard Tech receiver since Darren Waller’s 117-yard performance in the 2014 Orange Bowl.
- The interception for junior DL Rod Rook-Chungong was the first of his career.
- Senior Errin Joe returned to the lineup and started at RG in place of sophomore Shamire Devine (injured).
- Freshman Will Bryan made his third straight start at RT.
- Senior S Jamal Golden played in his team-leading 51st career game.
- Senior DT Adam Gotsis made his team-leading 37th consecutive start.