Oct. 3, 2015
POSTGAME NOTES [GAME 4]
NORTH CAROLINA (4-1, 1-0 ACC) 38, GEORGIA TECH (2-3, 0-2 ACC) 31
OCTOBER 3, 2015 | ATLANTA, GA. | Bobby Dodd STADIUM (50,585)
- This is Georgia Tech’s 123rd season of football and the team’s all-time record is now 714-480-43.
- Today was the 51st all-time meeting between Tech and Carolina, making the Tar Heels the Jackets’ sixth-most common opponent. Tech leads the series 28-19-3, including 18-7 in Atlanta.
- Tech is 12-4 over its last 16 ACC home games (since the start of 2011) and averaging 32.2 points per game over those 16 games.
- Tech extended its streak of consecutive games with a TD pass to 13, while Thomas’ personal streak of consecutive games with a TD pass reached nine. It matches the longest streak by a Tech QB since 2006.
- Dating back to 2013, Georgia Tech at home has scored on its opening drive in 11 of the last 12 games. Tech opened Saturday’s game with a 10-play, 64-yard drive to take a 7-0 lead.
- Tech ran 21 plays in the first quarter — all rushing plays — and gained 118 yards with a touchdown. Tech had gained just 49 rushing yards combined over its previous two games in the first quarter.
- Over the last 20 quarters played at Bobby Dodd Stadium, dating back to last season, Tech is out-scoring the opposition 228-74
- Junior Justin Thomas scored a rushing TD on Tech’s first possession of the game — the 14th of his career and his 15th career rushing TD made it 21-0 in the first half.
- With 15 scores, Thomas moved to T-6th on Tech’s career list for QBs w/ Billy Lothridge 1961-63.
- True freshman A-back Mikell Lands-Davis saw his first career action in the game, and caught his first career TD pass.
- The carry by Lynn Griffin to open the second quarter was his first career carry– Griffin moved from safety to A-back this week with Tech’s injury troubled at the position.
- Redshirt freshman AB Clinton Lynch made his first career start and scored his second career touchdown in the game.
- With 52 kickoff return yards, Jamal Golden moves into second all-time on Georgia Tech’s career kickoff return yards list with 1,722 yards.
- True freshman DL Kyle Cerge-Henderson saw his first career action in the game.
- Senior DT Adam Gotsis made his team-leading 33rd consecutive start.