Nov. 28, 2014
• Opening tip: won by Georgia Tech (Jackets are 4-1 on opening tips this season)
• On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Bolden, Georges-Hunt, Heath, Jackson, Stephens
• Series Record vs. Rider: 1-2 overall, 1-0 on neutral floors
• Current series streak: one straight win for Georgia Tech
• Tech is now 13-7 against current members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
• Georgia Tech is now 4-6 in Thanksgiving tournaments under Brian Gregory, and 5-9 on neutral floors.
• Georgia Tech’s next game: Sunday, Nov. 30 vs. Rhode Island (4-1), 6:30 p.m., Orlando Classic, HP Field House, Orlando, Fla. [ESPNU]
• Georgia Tech and Rider were tied, 30-30, at the half, the first time this season the Yellow Jackets have not held a halftime lead.
• Georgia Tech is now 3-1 this season in games decided by 10 points or fewer.
• Georgia Tech out-rebounded Rider, 49-26, and has out-rebounded all five of its opponents this season. The Jackets are 41-26 under Brian Gregory when out-rebounding their opponent. Tech is out-rebounding its opponents by an average of 15.2 this season.
• Tech won for the second time this season when scoring less than 70 points, and is 21-42 under Gregory when doing so.
• Tech is 40-5 when leading at the 5-minute mark of the second half under Brian Gregory, 3-0 this season.
• Tech utilized 10 players against Rider, and eight of them scored. Brian Gregory has used at least nine players in every game this season, at least 10 in four games.
• Tech had its best performance from the free throw line this season (15-of-20), including 12-of-15 in the second half. Tadric Jackson was 6-for-6, and Marcus Georges-Hunt was 6-for-8. Tech is 3-0 this season when attempting more free throws than its opponent, and 32-13 under Gregory.
• Tech had 20 second-chance points on 19 offensive rebounds one night after getting just 12 second-chance points on 17 offensive rebounds.
• Demarco Cox reached double figures for the fourth time in five games this season. He scored in double figures five times total at Ole Miss in 102 games.
• Charles Mitchell notched his second double-double of the season with 15 points and 12 rebounds. It also marked his seventh career double double, his 14th double-digit rebound game and his 18th double-digit scoring game.
• Marcus Georges-Hunt scored 10 points for his fourth double-figure game this season, 44th of his career.
• Freshman Tadric Jackson went 6-for-6 from the free throw line and has hit a team-best 86.7 percent this season (13-for-15).
• Josh Heath had two assists and just one turnover against Rider. For the season, the sophomore point guard has 27 assists and three turnovers, one of the top 10 figures in the country.
• Travis Jorgenson made his third start of the season at point guard. He moved back into the lineup against Marquette after missing the Alabama A&M game with soreness in his surgically repaired knee and coming off the bench against IPFW.
• Marcus Georges-Hunt scored a season-high 14 points, reaching double figures for the third time in four games and the 43rd time in his career.
• Robert Sampson had seven rebounds, and has had at least six in every game this season coming off the bench.