AUBURN, Ala. – Georgia Tech swimming turned in seven career-best times on the second day of the Auburn Invitational on Saturday at the James E. Martin Aquatics Center.
The Yellow Jackets as a whole performed well on Day 2, recording 10 top-15 finishes on the day.
For the women’s team, Julia Shuford and Grace Mauldin led the way with fifth-place finishes in their respective races. Shuford turned in a 4:32.28 to finish fifth in the 400 IM while Mauldin swam a 55.36 to finish fifth in the 100 back. Macleary Moran recorded a career-best time in the 200 free, swimming a 1:52.12 to finish 14th.
For the men’s team, Albert Zhi had an impressive day as he swam to a second-place time of 1:38.47 in 200 free to set a new personal record. Also in the top five of the 200 free was Aidan Pastel, who finished fifth with a career-best 1:39.19.
Gabe Munoz and Leon Warnakulasuriya also turned in fine days as Munoz set a career-best in the 100 fly to finish third (47.99) while Warnakulasuriya swam a personal-best 100 back to finish third (50.00).
Also in the 200 free, Austin Whalen finished 10th with a time of 1:40.65, while Tyler Branscombe finished right behind him at 12th with a career-best 1:41.02. Jonathan Vater also swam a career-best in the 100 fly, turning in a 50.86 to finish 14th.
The Yellow Jackets are scheduled to continue on Sunday with action beginning at 10:30 a.m. ET and finals starting at 3 p.m.
* Macleary Moran turned in a career-best time of 1:52.12 in the women’s 200 free.
* Gabe Munoz recorded a career-best of 47.99 in the men’s 100 fly.
* Albert Zhi swam a personal-best 1:38.47 in the men’s 200 free.
* Aidan Pastel also turned in a career-best time of 1:39.19 in the men’s 200 free.
* Tyler Branscombe recorded a personal-best time of 1:41.02 in the men’s 200 free.
* Leon Warnakulasuriya also swam a career-best 50.00 in the men’s 100 back.
For the latest information on Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Swimming & Diving, follow us on Twitter (@GTSwimDive), Instagram (@GTSwimDive), and Facebook (Georgia Tech Swimming & Diving) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.