LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Twenty fourth-ranked Southern California captured five of six singles matches on Thursday afternoon, as the Trojans downed Georgia Tech, 5-2, at Marks Tennis Stadium.
The Jackets (2-1) took two of three doubles matches to claim the doubles point and a 1-0 lead in the match as Roger Anderson and David Wright defeated USC’s Andrew Park and Damien Spizzo, 8-5, and Stephen Moros and Sergio Aguirre topped Parker Collins and Ruben Torres, 8-5.
USC (5-1) won at the first five positions in singles, while Alex Navinkov recorded Tech’s lone singles victory, downing Parker Collins, 6-3, 6-4, at the No. 6 position.
Georgia Tech will return to action on Friday afternoon at 4:30 with a dual match at No. 3 UCLA.
Southern California 5, Georgia Tech 2
1. Andrew Park (USC) d. Roger Anderson (GT), 6-2, 6-2
2. Ryan Moore (USC) d. Romain Coirault (GT), 6-1, 6-1
3. Damien Spizzo (USC) d. David Wright (GT), 7-6, 7-6
4. Nick Rainey (USC) d. Sergio Aguirre (GT), 6-3, 6-2
5. Ruben Torres (USC) d. Stephen Moros (GT), 6-3, 6-4
6. Alex Navinkov (GT) d. Parker Collins (USC), 6-3, 6-4
1. Moore/Rainey (USC) d. Coirault/Menano (GT), 8-3
2. Anderson/Wright (GT) d. Park/Spizzo (USC), 8-5
3. Moros/Aguirre (GT) d. Collins/Torres (USC), 8-5