Feb. 15, 2018
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Georgia Tech concluded the second day of the ACC Women’s Swimming & Diving Championship on Thursday evening at the Greensboro Aquatic Center.
“I’m very proud of how Emily [Ilgenfritz] swam today,” head coach Courtney Shealy Hart said. “She set herself up really well in the prelim swim and then capitalized on it with a great finals time to break the school record.”
The Yellow Jackets finished day two with 134 points and sit in 11th-place overall after two days of competition.
Tech returns to the pool in day three of the ACC Championships on Friday, Feb. 16, beginning with the prelims at 10 a.m.
Emily Ilgenfritz led the way for Georgia Tech, jumping out to a strong start in the 500 free prelims and then breaking her own school record in the finals with a time of 4:44.98. The NCAA B qualifying time was good for 12th-place overall in the event.
Men’s Diving Highlights
In the 1-meter diving prelims, Matt Casillas once again led the Jackets, placing 20th with a total score of 270.90. Freshman Jacob Kreider finished one spot back with a score of 269.30, while fellow freshman Henry Carman totaled 235.30 points to place 29th.
* Sophomore Emily Ilgenfritz broke her own school record in the 500 free finals with an NCAA B qualifying time of 4:44.98. She qualified for the finals off a then-record-setting NCAA B time of 4:46.07 in the prelims.
* Senior Kira de Bruyn turned in a season-best mark in the 200 IM with an NCAA B qualifying time of 2:01.05.
* Sophomore Kristen Hepler set a new personal record in the 200 IM with a time of 2:01.98.
* Junior Iris Wang fell just 0.03 shy of breaking her previous school record in the 50 free prelims and just 0.02 shy of making the finals, swimming the event in an NCAA B qualifying time of 22.72.
* Senior Morgan Lyons recorded a new career-best time of 22.98 in the 50 free prelims. The times is also good for an NCAA B qualifying time.
* Junior Sara Gilbert set a new personal record in the 50 free prelims, turning in a time of 23.51.
* Freshman Allie Paschal recorded a new season-best time of 23.75 in the 50 free prelims.
* Sophomore Caroline Lee edged her own personal record in the 50 free prelims with a time of 23.80.
For the latest information on Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Swimming & Diving, follow us on Twitter ( @GTSwimDive ), Instagram (@GTSwimDive), and Facebook (Georgia Tech Swimming & Diving) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.
— Ga Tech Swim & Dive (@GTSwimDive) February 16, 2018