ATLANTA (Mar. 6) — Bobbie Guthrie of Georgia Tech won a tie-breaker in the second set to defeat Chattanooga’s Karolina Glowacka 6-1, 7-6 (5) to clinch a 9-0 win for the Jackets. The shutout is the fourth in the last five matches for the Georgia Tech women.
The Jackets won easily as Sabrino Pardo lost the only set of the day before coming back to defeat UTC’s Daniella Greco 2-6, 6-1, 6-0 at the No. 1 singles spot. Yellow Jacket Jaime Wong beat Peita Horley of UTC 6-1, 6-0 at the No. 4 spot, while Tech’s Charlotte Pernet also won big taking a 6-1, 6-2 victory from the Mocs’ Katie Hangstefer.
Tech’s doubles partners of Mysti Morris and Jaime Wong along with Laura Ozolins and Charlotte Pernet won at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles 8-1. At the No. 1 doubles position, Sabrina Pardo and Bobbi Guthrie of Tech defeated Katie Hangstefer and Angela Miller 8-3.
The Jackets hope to continue their 5 game winning streak as they travel to Raleigh to take on the Wolfpack at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
#48 Georgia Tech 9, Chattanooga 0
Monday, March 6, 2000
Bill Moore Tennis Center (Outdoors)
1. Sabrina Pardo (GT) d. Dnaiella Greco (UTC), 2-6, 6-1, 6-0
2. Bobbi Guthrie (GT) d. Karolina Glowacka (UTC), 6-1, 7-6 (5)
3. Mysti Morris (GT) d. Beth Henry (UTC), 6-3, 6-3
4. Jaime Wong (GT) d. Peita Horley (UTC), 6-1, 6-0
5. Charlotte Pernet (GT) d. Katie Hangstefer (UTC), 6-1, 6-2
6. Laura Ozolins (GT) d. Jessica Barndt (UTC), 6-2, 6-0
1. Guthrie/Pardo (GT) d.Glowacka/ Henry (UTC), 8-3
2. Morris/Wong (GT) d. Greco/Horley (UTC), 8-1
3. Ozolins/ Pernet (GT) d. Hangstefer/ Miller (UTC), 8-1