Sept. 4, 2004
NOTING GEORGIA TECH
· Georgia Tech’s 99-yard touchdown drive equals the longest drive in school history. The last time Tech had a 99-yard drive was against Maryland on Oct. 8, 1988.
· P.J. Daniels recorded the seventh 100-yard game of his career
· With 169 yards rushing today, Daniels jumped from 12th to 8th place on Tech’s career rushing list. Daniels now has 1,871 yards as he moved ahead of Lenny Snow, Joe Hamilton, Ronny Cone and Leon Hardeman. His next target is seventh place William Bell with 2,026 yards.
· Daniels has gained 837 yards in his last five games
· Nine true freshman played: Pat Clark, Kyle Belcher, Jamal Lewis, Calvin Johnson, Djay Jones, Mike Cox, Gary Guyton, Nate McManus, and Darryl Richard.
· Tech improved to 77-31-4 in seasn openers
· Tech held Samford to 42 yards rushing, the 13th time in 27 games under defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta that the Jackets have held their opponent to under 100 yards rushing
· In its last two games, the Tech defense has allowed just 355 yards of total offense.
· In its last two games, the Tech offense has scored 70 points and gained 677 yards rushing.