ATLANTA (Mar. 27) — The Georgia Tech men’s tennis team beat both Morehouse and Goucher College on Friday at the Bill Moore Tennis Center. The Jackets have now won six of their last seven matches and improved their record to 8-7.
In the first match against Goucher College, the Jackets made quick work of the Gophers. In the No. 1 spot, Sergio Aguirre beat Tim Hannigan 6-2, 6-0. At No. 2, Robert Wright defeated Jon Cope 6-2, 6-4. Travis Iams took care of Eric Adkins 6-4, 6-3 in the No. 3 spot.
In the second match of the afternoon, Jacket Romain Coirault had a shutout victory over Morehouse’s Joshua Knight in the No. 6 singles spot. Fabio Campos and Roger Anderson beat William Murphy and Jason Blake of Morehouse 6-1, 6-1 in the No. 2 and No. 6 singles spots respectively.
The Jackets, riding a three game winning streak, will host the Tigers of Clemson University at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 29 at the Bill Moore Tennis Center.
Georgia Tech 5, Goucher College 0
Bill Moore Tennis Center (Outside)
1. Sergio Aguirre (GT) d. Tim Hannigan (GC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Robert Wright (GT) d. Jon Cope (GC) 6-2, 6-4
3. Travis Iams (GT) d. Eric Adkins (GC) 6-4, 6-3
1. Aguirre/R. Wright (GT) d. Hannigan/Cope (GC) 8-2
2. Iams/Jeong (GT) d. Adkins/Drew Rothman (GC) 8-1
Georgia Tech 6, Morehouse 1
1. Robert Williams (MH) d. Jason Jeong (GT) 6-4, 6-0
2. Roger Anderson (GT) d. William Murphy (MH) 6-1, 6-1
3. David Wright (GT) d. Richard Makerson (MH) 6-1, 6-4
4. Robert Wright (GT) d. Damien Hughes (MH) 6-2, 6-3
5. Romain Coirault (GT) d. Joshua Knight (MH) 6-0, 6-0
6. Fabio Campos (GT) d. Jason Blake (MH) 6-1, 6-1
1. Aguirre/Jeong (GT) d. Williams/Blake (MH) 8-6
2. D. Wright/Anderson (GT) d. Hughes/Knight (MH) 8-3
3. Coirault/R. Wright (GT) d. Makerson/King (MH) 8-1