CLEMSON, S.C. – Roger Anderson won at both number one singles and number one doubles in leading Georgia Tech to a 5-2 win over Clemson in an Atlantic Coast Conference Men’s Tennis match at Clemson, SC Wednesday afternoon.
With the win, Georgia Tech improves to 12-3 overall, 2-0 in the ACC. Clemson falls to 3-12 overall, 0-1 in league play.
Anderson defeated Brad Emendorfer 6-3, 6-1 at number one singles and teamed with David Wright at number one doubles to defeat Clemson’s Darren Knight and Eric Cohn at number one doubles, 8-5.
Romain Coirault, Stephen Moros and Joao Memano also earned singles victories for the Yellow Jackets, who won their seventh-straight match. Coirault and Menano teamed to defeat Marko Gojanovic and Damiisa Robinson, 8-2, at number two doubles and Sergio Aguirre and Amit Taggar won at number three doubles to give Tech the doubles sweep.
Gojanovic and Joey Hopke both won singles matches for the Tigers. Gojanovic defeated David Wright at number three singles 6-2, 6-2. Hopke won his match at number five singles with a win over Alex Navinkov 4-6, 7-5, 6-3.
Georgia Tech returns home to host Duke on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
GEORGIA TECH 5, CLEMSON 2
1. Roger Anderson (GT) d. Brad Emendorfer (CU) 6-3, 6-1
2. Romain Coirault (GT) d. Darren Knight (CU) 6-4, 6-2
3. Marko Gojanovic (CU) d. David Wright (GT) 6-2, 6-2
4. Stephen Moros (GT) d. Micah Thompson (CU) 7-6, 6-1
5. Joey Hopke (CU) d. Alex Navinkov (GT) 4-6, 7-5, 6-3
6. Joao Menano (GT) d. Eric Cohn (CU) 6-7, 6-2, 6-2
1. Anderson-Wright (GT) d. Knight-Cohn (CU) 8-5
2. Coirault-Menano (GT) d. Gojanovic-Damiisa Robinson (CU) 8-2
3. Sergio Aguirre-Amit Taggar (GT) d. Lee Walker-Jamin Thompson (CU) 9-8