THE FLATS – Athletics Initiative 2020, Georgia Tech athletics’ current $125 million fundraising initiative, has surpassed $40 million raised in less than eight months, director of athletics Todd Stansbury announced on Friday.
$40.46 million has officially been raised as part of AI 2020, which began in January and was publicly announced in June. The $40.46 million raised represents 32.4 percent of the initiative’s $125 million goal.
Late last month, Georgia Tech unveiled the first completed capital project funded by the initiative, its new $4.5 million football locker room. Other needs that AI 2020 will address include:
FACILITIES – $88 Million
- Edge/Rice Center Renovation – $70 million
- Russ Chandler Stadium Renovation, Phase II – $9 million
- Football Locker Room Renovation – $4.5 million – COMPLETE
- Men’s/Women’s Basketball Locker Rooms Renovation – $4.5 million
ENDOWMENTS – $25 million
CURRENT OPERATIONS – $12 million
- Athletic Scholarship Fund – $4.5 million
- Sport-Specific – $4.5 million
- Athletics Director’s Initiative – $3 million
“We’re grateful to all of the donors who have already contributed to AI 2020 and helped us reach this milestone so quickly,” Stansbury said. “We still have a long way to go but this great start gives us a lot of momentum towards our ultimate goal of providing our Everyday Champions with the tools they need to succeed on and off the field.”
To learn more about AI 2020 or to donate online, visit ramblinwreck.com/2020.