Oct. 4, 2014
GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (5-0, 2-0) 28, MIAMI HURRICANES (3-3, 1-2) 17
OCTOBER 4, 2014 • ATLANTA, GA. • GRANT FIELD AT Bobby Dodd STADIUM (52,221)
• Saturday was the 20th meeting and the 11th as ACC Coastal Rivals.
• Georgia Tech leads the series 11-9 and is 9-4 at home against the Hurricanes.
• Paul Johnson is 2-5 all-time against Miami.
• The Yellow Jackets are 5-0 for the second time under head coach Paul Johnson and the 18th time in Georgia Tech history.
• With the win, the Yellow Jackets broke a five-game losing streak against Miami.
• This is the first time in Paul Johnson’s career that the Yellow Jackets have beaten Miami and Virginia Tech in the same season.
• Seven out of Georgia Tech’s nine takeaways have resulted in points. Eight of Georgia Tech’s nine takeaways have been interceptions.
• Georgia Tech has played 216 consecutive games without being shut out and Georgia Tech hasn’t been shut out at home since Nov. 30, 1957 – s streak of 354 consecutive home games at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
• Georgia Tech has recorded at least one takeaway in four straight games.
• The Yellow Jackets recorded more than 300 yards rushing for the third time this season.
• Redshirt sophomore QB Justin Thomas now has 470 rushing yards this season, which ranks 13th on Georgia Tech’s single-season list for QBs.
• Thomas’ 704 career rushing yards ranks 10th all-time for QBs at Georgia Tech.
• Senior safety Isaiah Johnson has 227 career tackles, which ties him for 11th on the Georgia Tech list for career tackles by a defensive back.
• Johnson recorded his sixth career interception and first of the 2014 season, and returned it for 19 yards.
• Redshirt senior A-back B.J. Bostic scored his first career-touchdown on a two-yard run in the third quarter.
• Senior B-back Zach Laskey now ranks 22nd on Georgia Tech’s all-time rushing list with 1,631 career rushing yards after 133 yards against Miami. Laskey has lost 1 yard on 90 carries this season.
• Laskey had a career-high 29 carries and tied his career-high 133 yards, which marks his fourth 100-yard rushing game of his career.
• Laskey is the 25th Yellow Jacket to rush for more than 1,500 yards.
• Laskey’s 133-yards were the most yards by a Tech B-back since Preston Lyons rushed for 138 vs. Utah in the 2011 Hyundai Sun Bowl
• Senior A-back Charles Perkins set a new career-high in rushing yards with 65 yards.
• Senior A-back Tony Zenon scored his third touchdown of the season and fifth of his career.
• Sophomore linebacker Paul Davis had his second sack of his career and led the defense with nine tackles, which tied his career high.
• Senior safety Jamal Golden recorded his second interception of his career.
• Sophomore kicker Harrison Butker is now 11th on Tech’s career points by kicking list with 118.
• Senior defensive end Kyle Travis made his first career start against Miami.
• Redshirt sophomore punter Ryan Rodwell rushed for 10 yards on a fake-punt to give Georgia Tech a first down late in the second quarter.