Nov. 21, 2014
• Opening tip: won by Georgia Tech (Jackets are 2-1 on opening tips this season)
• On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Heath, Jackson, Jorgenson, Sampson, Stephens
• Series Record vs. IPFW: 1-0 overall, 1-0 at home, 1-0 at McCamish Pavilion
• Current series streak: one straight win for Georgia Tech
• Tech is now 1-1 against teams from the Summit League
• Georgia Tech is now 31-21 at home under Brian Gregory, and 24-13 in its third season in McCamish Pavilion.
• Georgia Tech’s next game: Friday, Nov. 27 vs. Marquette, 8:30 p.m., Orlando Classic, HP Field House, Orlando, Fla. [ESPN2]
• With tonight’s win, Tech has started 3-0 for the third straight season. Dating back to last season, the Yellow Jackets have won six of their last seven games.
• Georgia Tech led 32-26 at the half. The Jackets are 36-16 when leading at the half under Brian Gregory.
• Georgia Tech shot better than 50 percent tonight (52.5) for the first time in three games. Tech is 20-2 under Brian Gregory when shooting 50 percent from the floor, 42-11 when shooting a higher percentage than its opponent.
• Georgia Tech outrebounded IPFW, 43-26, and has outrebounded all three of its opponents this season. The Jackets are 40-25 under Gregory when outrebounding their opponent.
• Tech is 39-5 when leading at the 5-minute mark of the second half under Brian Gregory.
• Tech utilized 10 players against IPFW, and nine of them scored.
• Four Tech players are averaging in double figures in scoring through three games, and the Yellow Jackets are averaging 74.7 points as a team.
• Quinton Stephens grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds tonight – previous best was 7 vs. East Tennessee State 12/7/13 last season.
• Stephens’ 13 points tonight was his second double-digit game of the season and sixth of his career. Tonight also marked Stephens’ first career double-double in points and rebounds.
• Demarco Cox matched his career high in points tonight with 15, equaling his total against Georgia Tech last year at the Barclays Center Classic and against Mississippi Valley State. He reached double figures for the third straight game in a Georgia Tech uniform and for the seventh time in his career.
• Cox was 5-of-7 from the floor tonight, and has hit 62.5 percent of his shots in three games. Stephens went 6-for-10 and has hit 57.1 percent in his first three games.
• Josh Heath started his second straight game tonight in place of Travis Jorgenson, though Jorgenson did play off the bench after missing the Alabama A&M game with soreness in his surgically repaired right knee. It was Heath’s sixth career collegiate start (started the last four games of the 2013-14 season at South Florida).
• Heath had 7 assists and no turnovers tonight, his second straight zero-turnover game. For the season he has 18 assists and just one turnover in 70 minutes.
• Marcus Georges-Hunt reached double figures for the second time this season and the 41st time in his career.