Nov. 18, 2014
• Opening tip: won by Georgia Tech (Jackets are 1-1 on opening tips this season)
• On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Heyward, Jackson, Bolden, Gueye, Lammers
• Series Record vs. Alabama A&M: 5-0 overall, 5-0 at home, 1-0 at McCamish Pavilion
• Current series streak: Five straight wins for Georgia Tech
• Georgia Tech is now 30-21 at home under Brian Gregory, and 23-13 in its third season in McCamish Pavilion.
• Georgia Tech’s next game: Friday, Nov. 21 vs. IPFW, 7 p.m., McCamish Pavilion [ESPN3]
• With tonight’s win, Tech has started 2-0 for the fourth straight season. Dating back to last season, the Yellow Jackets have won five of their last six games.
• Georgia Tech led 34-20 at the half. The Jackets are 35-16 when leading at the half under Brian Gregory.
• Georgia Tech outrebounded Alabama A&M, 45-26. The Jackets are 38-25 under Gregory when outrebounding their opponent.
• Georgia Tech held Alabama A&M to 36.2 percent from the floor. Tech is 26-13 under Brian Gregory when holding its opponent under 40 percent, and 41-11 when shooting a higher percentage than its opponent.
• Tech held an opponent under 50 points for the 10th time under Brian Gregory. The Yellow Jackets are 9-1 in those instances.
• Tech is 38-5 when leading at the 5-minute mark of the second half under Brian Gregory.
• Tech utilized 11 players against Alabama A&M, and none played as many as 30 minutes. That last happened in the 2013-14 season opener against Presbyterian.
• Josh Heath started tonight in place of Travis Jorgenson, who was held out as a precaution with soreness in his surgically repaired right knee. It was Heath’s fifth career collegiate start (started the last four games of the 2013-14 season at South Florida). He finished with seven points, seven assists and no turnovers in 28 minutes.
• Charles Mitchell notched the sixth double-double of his career (12 points, 14 rebounds), and his first in a Georgia Tech uniform. It also was the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career, and the 17th double-figure scoring game of his career.
• Demarco Cox reached double figures for the second straight game in a Georgia Tech uniform and for the sixth time in his career.