Nov. 14, 2014
• Opening tip: won by Georgia
• On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Heath, Mitchell, Georges-Hunt, Sampson, Stephens
• Series Record vs. Georgia: 105-86 overall, 62-25 at home, 2-0 at McCamish Pavilion
• Current series streak: Four straight wins for Georgia Tech, first time since 1962-63 and 1963-64 seasons.
• Georgia Tech is now 29-21 at home under Brian Gregory, and 22-13 in its third season in McCamish Pavilion.
• Georgia Tech’s next game: Tuesday, Nov. 18 vs. Alabama A&M, 7 p.m., McCamish Pavilion [ESPN3]
• Georgia Tech led 42-32 at the half. The Jackets are 34-16 when leading at the half under Brian Gregory.
• Georgia Tech outrebounded Georgia 41-36. The Jackets are 37-25 under Gregory when outrebounding their opponent. Charles Mitchell had a game-high nine rebounds, while Demarco Cox and Robert Sampson each had eight.
• Four players scored in doubles figures for the 27th time under Brian Gregory. Tech is 20-7 when that happens.
• Tech is 25-9 when scoring 70 or more points under Brian Gregory.
• Tech is 37-5 when leading at the 5-minute mark of the second half under Brian Gregory.
• Quinton Stephens drained six 3s in the game, a career-high (previous was 2 twice last year). He notched the fifth double-figure game of his career and scored a career-high 22 points. His previous career high was 13 at NC State last 1/26/14.
• The last time a Georgia Tech player made six 3s in one game, happened three times in the 2010-11 season – Iman Shumpert vs. Virginia Tech (2/13/11) and Charlotte (1/2/11), and Brian Oliver vs. Syracuse (11/27/10).
• Marcus Georges-Hunt reached double figures for the third time in three career games vs. Georgia (18 as freshman, 11 as sophomore, 11 tonight). Tonight marked his 41st double-digit game.
• Charles Mitchell scored 20 points in his Georgia Tech debut, surpassing his career high at Maryland – 19 vs. Delaware State on 12/29/12. He has 16 double figure games in his career.
• Demarco Cox’s 10 points tonight marked just the fifth double-figure game of his career.