Dec. 20, 2014
• Opening tip: won by Georgia Tech (Jackets are 7-3 on opening tips this season)
• On the floor for Georgia Tech at the end: Bolden, Heath, Jackson, Jorgenson, Stephens
• Series Record vs. Vanderbilt: 33-40 overall, 1-0 at McCamish Pavilion
• Current series streak: one straight win for Georgia Tech
• Georgia Tech is now 33-22 at home under Brian Gregory, and 26-14 in its third season in McCamish Pavilion.
• Tech is now 367-399 against current members of the Southeastern Conference
• Georgia Tech’s next game: Tuesday, Dec. 23 at Dayton (7-2), 8 p.m. ET [CBS Sports Network]
• Georgia Tech has used the same starting lineup for the last seven games – Cox, Georges-Hunt, Jorgenson, Mitchell and Stephens.
• Georgia Tech wore gold at McCamish Pavilion for the second time this season. It did so against Georgia to begin the season and is 2-0.
• Tech trailed at the half for the first time this season. The Jackets have led in six games, were tied in two.
• Tech had 20 offensive rebounds (7 by Mitchell, 6 by Cox) and 16 second-chance points. Tech ranks 10th nationally in offensive rebounds per game.
• Tech committed a season-low seven turnovers, its fewest in 15 games dating back to a Feb. 22, 2014 loss to Clemson. Tech is 4-0 this season and 22-10 under Brian Gregory when committing fewer turnovers than its opponent.
• Tech utilized 10 players against Vanderbilt, and nine of them scored, seven did not commit a turnover. Brian Gregory has used at least nine players in every game this season, at least 10 in six games.
• Tech out-rebounded Vanderbilt, 39-30, and has won the boards in nine of 10 games this season (tied Northwestern). Tech improved to 7-2 when out-rebounding the opponent this season and 43-27 when doing so under Brian Gregory.
• Tech scored fewer than 70 points for the sixth time this season, but is 5-1 in those games. Conversely, Tech held its eighth opponent this season under 70 and it 7-1 in those games.
• Tech is 45-6 when leading at the 5-minute mark of the second half under Brian Gregory, 8-1 this season.
• Tech’s 13 free throw attempts were its second fewest of the season (11 vs. Marquette). Tech came into the game attempting 23.1 free throws per game and scoring 14.3 points per game from the stripe.
• Marcus Georges-Hunt had 10 points by halftime, 14 for the game. He reached double digits for the seventh time this season and for the 47th time in 74 career games at Tech.
• Quinton Stephens has had at least one three-point basket in nine of 10 games.
• Charles Mitchell reached double figures for the fifth time this season and the 20th time in his career. His 19 points were his highest total since the Tech season opener against Georgia.
• Demarco Cox set a season-high for rebounds with nine.
• Tech’s three primary big men (Cox, Mitchell, Sampson) contributed 31 points and committed just three turnovers between them.
• Starting point guard Travis Jorgenson played the best game of his career with eight points (including a pair of threes), six assists and no turnovers in 24 minutes. For the season, he has 24 assists and 11 turnovers, while his point guard teammate Josh Heath had 40 assists and 15 turnovers.
• Jorgenson made his eighth start of the season at point guard and has played 25 and 24 minutes in Tech’s last two games. He moved back into the lineup against Marquette after missing the Alabama A&M game with soreness in his surgically repaired knee and coming off the bench against IPFW.